Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 50 Yards or Less
 neck/ear warmers
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

blueroses
New Pal

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2003 :  10:07:51 PM  Show Profile Send blueroses a Private Message
I knitted up a neck warmer (like the turtleneck of a sweater without the rest of the sweater attached to it) for my husband to wear under his motorcycle jacket after he complained that I never knit anything for him. It took all of about 30 minutes using some leftover bulky yarn and circular needles. You can wear it around your neck or as a headband covering your ears. That in itself wouldn't be postworthy except that this week I saw the same thing in a gift shop for - get this - $45. I know a lot of us probably see things all the time for sale and say "I could knit that," but $45?!!! Give me a break! Anyway, my husband was quite happy with the results and it's a good way to use up some odds and ends of yarn.

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2003 :  11:29:51 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
If it's machine knit, mass produced, I wouldn't pay that much for it. But if I had to knit one for sale, I would probably put $45.00 as my asking price.

Monika

"There is no beauty in the finest cloth if it makes hunger and unhappiness." Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

senorafarrell
New Pal

6 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  2:39:39 PM  Show Profile Send senorafarrell a Private Message
Finger puppets!

Free pattern can be found as "puppers" in the archive of www.knitty.com.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.81 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe