Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Super Duper Basic Beginner Talk
 rolling..
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vgoldmine
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2007 :  06:33:19 AM  Show Profile Send vgoldmine a Private Message
hi there.. was wondering.. what r the ways to prevent the knitted material from rolling.. i know its the deal with stockinette knit, but i was wondering what can b done after i knit to prevent it from rolling.. does stitching with over-lock machine can help?? tnx.. love..

marvma
New Pal

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2007 :  4:50:06 PM  Show Profile Send marvma a Private Message
to prevent rolling: crab stitch crochet 1 row around or steam edges carefully so as not to distort stitches. Those are the 2 ways I know of. Usually, I just steam for a garment, but for something like an afghan, scarf, or something like that, I do a crab stitch around the edge. Marvma
Go to Top of Page

vgoldmine
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  10:44:16 PM  Show Profile Send vgoldmine a Private Message
tnx..
do u know if piping with a regular sewing machine or overlock can also prevent the yarn from rolling?
Go to Top of Page

marvma
New Pal

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  5:55:40 PM  Show Profile Send marvma a Private Message
I have never tried using a sewing machine or piping to prevent rolling. The steaming has usually done the job for me. I can't think the sewing will help. I have done cut and sew before, and the fabric doesn't seem to change properties. Marvma
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe