Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Random crochet-related chitchat
 Granny Square Exhibition
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  4:12:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
If you a granny square lover check out this website. Apparently it's an exhibition in the Åland Islands Museum (no, it's not my apt, LOL) and definitely worth looking at the various pages, page numbers at top. If you can find your way to the home page it can be translated to English and there is an interesting history of the Aland Islands.
lots of grannys

GFTC of NYC

the pictures tell the story
www.flickr.com/photos/gftc_knits/

lucylocket
Permanent Resident

4172 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  5:18:00 PM  Show Profile Send lucylocket a Private Message
Wow - Thanks GFTC - What a fabulous site - I have bookmarked it in favourites. It makes me want to make granny squares again!! Back in the seventies I crocheted a tabard using granny squares - I had almost forgotten about it!! In fact I had a look at it and it is still in mint condition! I will photograph it and post it on my blog. I actually wore it over a black sweater in the cooler months - it's very bright!! I have worn it when riding my bicycle too in the past as I can be seen from miles around - it could even be a distraction to motorists these days!! Anyway I don't ride my bike often now - too many hills where I live and it's quicker to walk to the local shops than take the bike!! Thanks for sharing - Happy Knitting!

Lucy [IMG]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/loliwoli/catyawn.gif[/IMG]My Blog - Lucy Knits
Go to Top of Page

busygirl
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
1673 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  5:54:42 PM  Show Profile Send busygirl a Private Message

Thanks for sharing this interesting site,GFTC.I've added it to my favourites,so that I can browse through it when I have the time.

Leslie

My Pics
http://photos.yahoo.com/abreyleslie
My Blog
http://au.360.yahoo.com/abreyleslie
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  7:06:16 PM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
Thank you, GFTC, I am glad there are other granny square lovers here. I have been making some cotton ones lately, not sure what they will be yet. I loved seeing those pictures, warmly, Chayah

"When I was young I admired clever people. Now that I'm old I admire kind people."(A.J.Heschel)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe