Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet technique questions
 New To Forum & Other Help
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

countryladyofpa
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  04:46:23 AM  Show Profile Send countryladyofpa a Private Message
[maroon] Mono]
Hello Everyone, My name is Phyllis & I live in Kreamer (near Selinsgrove) I love to crochet but only know basic stitches & am looking for a place to go where I can learn new & different crochet stitches. I'm a retired lady with no children & would love to meet other women who crochet & could possibly teach me new stitches. I'm also finishing a crocheted afghan & cannot figure out how to do the edging especially since I have all different colors in my shell afghan & a lot of stringy ends! Would love to hear from anyone. Have a great Friday![!] Phyllis

SweaterGrrrl
Chatty Knitter

USA
334 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  09:36:52 AM  Show Profile Send SweaterGrrrl a Private Message
Welcome to the Forums!

You can do a lot with just the basic stitches in crochet. To meet other crocheters, try checking your local yarn or craft shop to see if there are classes. Check the library and other meeting areas for groups. Some yarn shops have nights where you can drop in to knit or crochet and socialize.

To make an edge on your afghan, pick one of the dominating colors and use it to make a single crochet row all around. The beauty of crochet is that you can crochet right over those pesky stringy ends to hide them. Many crocheters make a scalloped edge with shell stitches to finish off an afghan, or you could just end it with a sc border.

SweaterGrrrl
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?