Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Standard Gauge Machines
 Help with upside down knitting
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

geri.russo
New Pal

6 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  2:14:53 PM  Show Profile Send geri.russo a Private Message
Hi all,
I can not figure out what I should do with Jody Raymond's pattern. When you rehang the loops back onto the machine for the raglan sleeve, how do I pick up that loop? There is the top of the circle of the loop. There is the center of the circle of the loop and then there is the bottom of the circle loop.

1. Do I go through the center of the loop and place what would be the top of the circle loop and place that on the needle?
2. Do I go under the bottom of the loop and place the whole loop on the needle in which case I would have the top and bottom loop on the needle?
3. Do I take just the lower part of the loop and place that on the needle?
Somebody help me???
Thank you Geri

Bernie
Chatty Knitter

Canada
115 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  07:31:14 AM  Show Profile Send Bernie a Private Message
Hi: You pick up the 16 stitches for the sleeve, that you had on waste yarn or however you were holding those, then you pick up the loops along the front raglan that were made by bringing the one needle forward, then you pick up the 4 stitches that you e-wrapped when doing the front. You repeat this for the other side, picking up the loops and stitches from the back.
Hope this helps.
Bernie
Go to Top of Page

geri.russo
New Pal

6 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  1:22:10 PM  Show Profile Send geri.russo a Private Message
Hi Bernie,
I sooo glad to hear from you!!! There just isn't too much help out there anymore. I finished the sweater and it looks fine. However, being a worster weigh I did't want big holes in my raglan so I picked up the loop from the bottom of the loop. This placed two upper and lower yarn from the same loop onto the needle. It worked, but what is the correct way to pick up that loop? I which I had a drawing tool so I could draw out what I did. In other words, I picked up the whole loop top and bottom of the same loop. I think you are supposed to go through the center of the hole thereby picking up only the top loop which I believe would leave a nice looking raglan on a standard sweater, but too big a hole on a bulky. Thank you so much for taking the time to anwer and help.
Geri
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?