Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Mid-Gauge Machines
 Ribbing help needed
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bevchris
New Pal

New Zealand
8 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  6:38:42 PM  Show Profile Send bevchris a Private Message
I have a Silver Reed Sk860 knitting machine and SR860 ribber. I have been practicing my cast on on the knitting machine and I am reasonably happy with it now but I am having problems with the ribber. I am following the instructions in the manual but everytime after I have done about 3 rows the ribbing knitted falls off the machine!! I feel I must be missing a step but being new to this I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you.

Bernie
Chatty Knitter

Canada
115 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  04:28:23 AM  Show Profile Send Bernie a Private Message
Hi: I assume you have done the zig zag cast on, and put in the cast on comb. Then you do your 3 circular rows, and then change the tensions on both the main carriage and ribber. This tension is usually 1/2 of the main tension. The knitting shouldn't fall off unless the yarn is not in the feeder properly.
If you need more help, just post here.
Go to Top of Page

bevchris
New Pal

New Zealand
8 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  2:14:27 PM  Show Profile Send bevchris a Private Message
Thank you for your reply. Yes I had done the zig zag row and put on the cast on comb. I am wondering if I am taking the carriage too far past the needles. I did manage to get some rib done last night, it looks a big loopy and had a couple of dropped stitches but it is a start. What do you mean by circular rows?Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

Bernie
Chatty Knitter

Canada
115 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  4:28:32 PM  Show Profile Send Bernie a Private Message
If you have the Instruction book for the SR860 Ribbing attachment, look on the bottom of page 15, and also the top 2 items on page 16, that describes the 3 circular rows. Your carriage should just pass the knitting by an inch at the most, you should hear a click when it passes the end of the knitting. Have you checked your sponge bar (also called retainer bar) sometimes that can cause strange problems. Let me know if this helps.
Bernie
Go to Top of Page

bevchris
New Pal

New Zealand
8 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  12:12:15 AM  Show Profile Send bevchris a Private Message
Thanks Bernie. I have a free afternoon tomorrow so I will sit down and have another go. Fingers crossed :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe