Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet patterns on the Web
 looking for afghan pattern
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kipster
Seriously Hooked

732 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  1:08:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kipster's Homepage Send Kipster a Private Message
I'm looking for an afghan pattern my Mom used to make and I've looked all over the 'net for it. Maybe this will sound famliar to someone. It's crocheted in straight lines with a "blip" that carries into the next row. It's not a ripple pattern because there's no peaks and valleys.

I'd love to begin the new year with a stash-busting afghan and this was a pattern I always liked. I haven't crocheted in years since I took up knitting again--but, I know (and hope) that it will probably all come back to me!

Thanks!

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1926 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  2:47:57 PM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
I feel like I've seen this. Is it done with a long dc into the row below? If I can find a picture of something like it, I will try to describe it better. Warmly, Chayah
Go to Top of Page

joniB
New Pal

17 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  09:39:22 AM  Show Profile Send joniB a Private Message
Hi there
I too am looking for a crochet afghan pattern that you described. A dear aunt had one in three colors cream, burgandy and pink and it was very pretty with that "blip" going down into the next color. I always admired it and thought when she no longer needed it I'd keep it. She passed in April and the afghan was thrown out. It seemed to be a very simple pattern and your "blip" description was a very good way to describe it! I'd love the pattern as well. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Jints
Chatty Knitter

176 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  3:47:09 PM  Show Profile
Perhaps one of these?
http://www.geocities.com/missmarlad/childteardrop.html
http://www.free-crochet-pattern.com/Freepatterns.asp
or ELAINE'S AFGHAN here. http://serendipity.gpvm.com/afghan.html

Happy Knitting
Go to Top of Page

farfalla
Warming Up

63 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  5:25:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit farfalla's Homepage Send farfalla a Private Message
Lily Chin has a book, "Mosaic Magic", that makes extensive use of that technique. I don't know if any of the patterns in it are what you're describing, but it's a good book.
Go to Top of Page

mrssuem
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
457 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  7:46:12 PM  Show Profile Send mrssuem a Private Message
This sounds like a pattern that my dear MIL did years ago and if memory serves me correctly she called it and 'Indian blanket design'. I don't have a pattern because she never used one for anything. She could look at an item and duplicate it without a pattern. She crocheted a bobble stictch poncho for me without any pattern at all long before the patterns were popular back in 1972. I'm lucky I managed to teach myself single and double crochet so far. Sue
Go to Top of Page

joniB
New Pal

17 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  09:22:37 AM  Show Profile Send joniB a Private Message
Jints
The first one, Teardrop Charity Afghan appears to be the one that I want. It will be a great winter project for me to do in memory of my Aunt Mary. Everyone is always so helpful on this forum. Thank you! JoniB
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe