Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Mid-Gauge Machines
 Edge problems
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pamulla@earthlink.net
Chatty Knitter

100 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  3:43:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit pamulla@earthlink.net's Homepage Send pamulla@earthlink.net a Private Message
I have been having an occasional problem with large loops formed on the left hand edge although the right hand edge is fine with even tension. I have used weights on both sides. Could it be something amis with the carriage? I don't have any resources here to ask quesions of so I hope someone has some advice.

Shape the world, one stitch at a time
Pam in CT www.roddyknit.blogspot.com

Bernie
Chatty Knitter

Canada
115 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  04:12:07 AM  Show Profile Send Bernie a Private Message
Have you checked your sponge bar (also called needle retainer bar) it could need replacing. Sometimes the loops appear if you go too far past the knitting on the row. I don't think it would be the carriage, as you only have the problem on the one side.
Bernie
Go to Top of Page

sarah@k_rev
Warming Up

67 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  5:27:14 PM  Show Profile Send sarah@k_rev a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by pamulla@earthlink.net

I have been having an occasional problem with large loops formed on the left hand edge although the right hand edge is fine with even tension. Pam in CT

Pam,
It can often be pointing to a problem with the yarn mast unit. Is your yarn tension guide set high enough so that the yarn just gets grabbed firmly enough ? And do your yarn tension springs (the long wires on the top of the unit) still actually have their spring ? Depending on where your yarn mast unit is set up on the rear of the machine (ie, central or offset?), it can sometimes require it to do more work on one direction compared to the other, and the loss of springiness may be a problem that only shows on one side.

Sarah
--
http://www.sarahdurrant.com

Go to Top of Page

angie-knits
Chatty Knitter

USA
193 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2007 :  06:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit angie-knits's Homepage Send angie-knits a Private Message
I have this same problem and was on my way to the forum to ask for help. You beat me to it. =) thanks for asking, and hopefully we get it figured out. It seems like the yarn doesn't catch on the very last needle at either edge although if I just continue, everything works out fine. what type of machine do you have? I have a brother kx350 and I'm thinking it has something to do with they way I'm hooking the weight bar on (or whatever that metal peice with the hooks is called) even though I'm doing it like the picture shows, as far as I can tell. Either that, or the very last needle at either end needs to be in the down/knit position....I didn't have time to troubleshoot last night, but I probably will spend some time tonight trying to figure out why....

My blog: http://knitrelief.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?