Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Stuck on a Pattern
 what are these techniques?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MissKnitty
Chatty Knitter

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  6:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit MissKnitty's Homepage Send MissKnitty a Private Message
I was just wondering what a Turkish cast on and a magic loop is. I have a couple of patterns with these techniques specified, and I don't know what they are!

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it's gone.

Solaris
Permanent Resident

Canada
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  6:52:26 PM  Show Profile Send Solaris a Private Message
Here are links to two (there are many more on the web) tutorials/explanations pertaining to the techniques in question:

Re. Magic loop knitting, which is a way to knit in the round using only one, longer circular needle (instead of several double pointed needles) - listed under "small diameter circular knitting":

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/advanced_techniques/

I also use it to knit hats in the round, that way, I stay with one needle for the whole project. It is a SUPER EASY technique. The website also shows you how to knit in the round using TWO circular needles.

RE. Turkish cast on:

Quote from the website: "The Turkish Cast-On is an invisible cast on that forms a closed end. It is perfect for things like sock toes, mittens, glove fingers, pouches and purses.." For pictures, instructions and further info visit:

http://fluffyknitterdeb.blogspot.com/2005/10/knitting-made-easier-turkish-cast-on.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe