Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Seeking Nearby Knitters
 Knitters in Fresno, California
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

StarThrower
New Pal

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  12:44:18 PM  Show Profile Send StarThrower a Private Message
Hi, I'm interested in joining, or starting a knitting group, in Fresno, California. Are there any other knitter's in Fresno or Clovis out there?

Thanks,
Eileen

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  6:33:58 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Eileen: While we aren't in Fresno or any place close, San Francisco, if you get up here let us know and visit. Fridays we meet at the Sunset Court of the Palace Hotel about 12 Noon and Sundays we switch off. Let me know if you are going to be in town and I shall tell you where we are. By the way "we" are the BAWDies aka Bay Area Wool Divas formerly the Downtown San Francisco Knitters. Don't ask. We will be more than delighted to get together with you. Last Friday we met with a lovely lady from Oklahoma. It would appear we are spread out. Tee hee. Take care. Beverley [:00]

Bev
Go to Top of Page

jrhutch
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
412 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  7:03:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit jrhutch's Homepage Send jrhutch a Private Message
Well, If you're interested in coming a little northwest stop by on a Saturday and there's generally knitters here as well as myself.

Jackie Hutcherson
The Knitting Hutch
http://theknittinghutch.com
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  7:48:13 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Jackie: Love your site. Where are you? Take care. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

StarThrower
New Pal

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  8:46:03 PM  Show Profile Send StarThrower a Private Message
Hi Bev and Jackie,

Thank you for the invitations :-) Bev, I was born and raised in San Francisco (just a few blocks up from the ocean in the avenues), and do get up to the city every once in a while. It sounds like you have a wonderful group.

Jackie, your website is really nice. Where abouts are you?

Thanks again for the responses,
Eileen
(Wildlife Rehabber specializing in Hummingbirds & Songbirds - Helping to ensure the survival of our native wildlife - one life at a time.)
Go to Top of Page

jrhutch
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
412 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  9:00:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit jrhutch's Homepage Send jrhutch a Private Message
Thanks Bev and Eileen,

I'm in Hollister, just South of Gilroy and San Jose.

Jackie Hutcherson
The Knitting Hutch
http://theknittinghutch.com
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  10:21:59 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Eileen: Lived the first 26 years of my life at 18th and Taraval which means nothing to anyone who doesn't know San Francisco but you will know. Let me know when you are coming to town and I shall let you know about our knitting group. Hope I suggested you check with your local library to see if they know of or are willing to post a message about starting a knitting group.

Jackie: Had a very good friend from Hollister. You too are welcome to join us when you come to town. Just let me know.

Take care. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

BevJen
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2006 :  12:10:29 PM  Show Profile Send BevJen a Private Message
I'm in Fresno and there are lots of knitters and knitting groups here.
Stitch'nbee-hotch meets every Wednesday evening at Plaza del Panne, Cedar and Nees. The local Guild, Sheeper Than Therapy, meets the 1st Sat of every month, 9:30AM, @ ArcFresno, 1300 West Shaw, between Fruit /Arthur. Join us anytime to get connected to the local knitting scene. Or start your own group and let us know, we'll show up. We always make time to knit together!

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

StarThrower
New Pal

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2006 :  2:44:51 PM  Show Profile Send StarThrower a Private Message
Hi Bev.... :-) we were neighbors somewhat... :-) Thanks for the invitiation. I'll send a note when I'm headed your way.

Hi Beverly... wow... I didn't know there were knitting groups here in Fresno. That's terrific. Do you know what time the Stitch'nbee-hotch meets on wednesdays? Thank you for the invitation... it sounds fun.

Eileen
Go to Top of Page

StarThrower
New Pal

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2006 :  2:47:33 PM  Show Profile Send StarThrower a Private Message
Hi Bev.... :-) we were neighbors somewhat... :-) Thanks for the invitiation. I'll send a note when I'm headed your way.

Hi Beverly... wow... I didn't know there were knitting groups here in Fresno. That's terrific. Do you know what time the Stitch'nbee-hotch meets on wednesdays? Thank you for the invitation... it sounds fun.

Eileen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?