Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Hats, berets, and other head coverings
 renaissance headdress
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ccraigo@msn.com
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  12:49:35 PM  Show Profile Send ccraigo@msn.com a Private Message
I'm looking for a knitting pattern for a renaissance headdress for my son't fiance. They go to the Ren Fair every year and dress up for it. I'd like to knit a headdress for her as a Christmas gift. Probably something lacy. I thought about a hood--but this is Arizona and that would be too warm. Any ideas?? Thanks!

fmarrs
Guardian angel

USA
9776 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  3:12:53 PM  Show Profile Send fmarrs a Private Message
On my blog I show a picture of a headband that I made for my daughter and I think it would be suitable for the Barbette. It is knitted of sock yarn that is 97% cotton and 3% silastic so it stretches a lot and would fit comfortably around the head. I think the combination of cotton and mesh would be fairly cool.

On top of the Barbette was worn a veil or a hat so you could go with a lacy veil or one of the other hat styles.

Turret hats look like pill box hats to me and they also would be fairly simple to knit.

If you need patterns for either of these let me know and I'll write one out for you.

fran

http://martianmischief.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.