Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Seeking Patterns / Free Pattern Links
 Sock Patterns
 English translation for Regia Bamboo sock pattern
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

periwinkle
Warming Up

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  02:26:24 AM  Show Profile Send periwinkle a Private Message
Hello my fellow knitters,

I'm looking for an English translation of this Regia sock pattern. When I was in Germany this summer, I bought this wonderful bamboo sock yarn and it came with a great pattern - that's in German. I could probably follow it some with my little German dictionary at my side, but now the pattern's been stained and I just want to toss it out. The flyer is Nr. 57 Bamboo Color Kreativ.

Just so you know, I've already done a Google search for Regia-sock-pattern-bamboo. I even visited the German site www.coatsgmbh.de, but there didn't seem to be any English translation available. There are some other links to Coats&Clark USA, and UK, but I couldn't find anything to do with that free pattern. The pattern looks like eyelets with ladders in it. The ladders make a pattern like an ice cream cone. It's an interesting pattern.

Anyone have any other ideas for resources? I'd appreciate your ideas.

You are never given a wish without the power to fulfill it.

periwinkle
Warming Up

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2006 :  12:00:12 AM  Show Profile Send periwinkle a Private Message
I guess 95 people read this, but not one had any ideas. Amazing.

Go to Top of Page

Mickey
Permanent Resident

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2006 :  12:45:47 AM  Show Profile Send Mickey a Private Message
http://www.freetranslation.com/free/
http://translation2.paralink.com/

If these don't provide satisfactory translations - I haven't actually tried them out. I just googled "free translations German to English" and clicked to see if the links worked, and they did - e-mail me and I'll translate the pattern for you.
Go to Top of Page

periwinkle
Warming Up

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2006 :  04:05:55 AM  Show Profile Send periwinkle a Private Message
Thank you Mickey, both for the info and the offer to translate. I'll check out the translation pages first. I can sort of figure out what the pattern says roughly, but I don't want to touch the leaflet because it's really icky. Sometimes those translators give some pretty funny translations...

Do you speak German?

Go to Top of Page

Mickey
Permanent Resident

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2006 :  06:59:27 AM  Show Profile Send Mickey a Private Message

>Do you speak German?

yep, I grew up in Austria ( and learned to knit there), so German is my mother tongue. How good or bad my ENGLISH is you can see by my posts here.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe