Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Ideal Knitting Bag
 Cosmetic counter bags
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  1:18:14 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message
My favorite project bag is a cute pink-with-striped-trim bag that I got with a Lancome purchase. Over the years, I've gotten scads of cosmetic bags and totes from cosmetic companies. Many have found their way into my craft bags. The small ones are great for notions, and the large ones are good for toting projects. One of my favorite little totes that has quilting supplies in it was from Avon. A person can use only a limited amount of bags for cosmetics, but my craft supplies are unlimited!

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2586 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  3:41:16 PM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message
I have one Clinique bag (OK, I have 35 Clinique bags, but that's not the point....) that has become my circular needle storage bag. It's absolutely perfect. All my needles are either in their original bags or in a ziplock w/an index card of the relevant info. I've filed them by needle size and length in this Clinique bag, and it's perfect. The bag has a magnetic closure. Other bags are for jewelry, notions, and sometimes even.... cosmetics. Imagine that!

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

knitloon
Gabber Extraordinaire

524 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  06:54:41 AM  Show Profile Send knitloon a Private Message
I agree. I have a classy little Estee Lauder cosmetic bag freebie, that I use to tote my current sock project. I toss it in the car, knowing that if I have to wait anywhere, I have everything I need inside to entertain myself for a good long while.

View my projects at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knitloon/
Go to Top of Page

bcartercps
Warming Up

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  8:38:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit bcartercps's Homepage Send bcartercps a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by anderknit

I have one Clinique bag (OK, I have 35 Clinique bags, but that's not the point....) that has become my circular needle storage bag. It's absolutely perfect. All my needles are either in their original bags or in a ziplock w/an index card of the relevant info. I've filed them by needle size and length in this Clinique bag, and it's perfect. The bag has a magnetic closure. Other bags are for jewelry, notions, and sometimes even.... cosmetics. Imagine that!

Which bag did you use for your circular needles? I have an embarrasingly large # of Clinique totes and cosmetic bags. I have about 6 sets in rotation for the sole purpose of my knitting projects. I use the tote for the project and the matching cosmetic bag for notions. Even gave DD#2 her own "set" last year for Christmas - she just got into knitting last year.

~Beth
Go to Top of Page

csutliff
Chatty Knitter

USA
281 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  10:57:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit csutliff's Homepage Send csutliff a Private Message
I love the cosmetics freebies bags..they are wonderful..and any I don't get with my make up and stuff I find in junk stores all the time...I am a purse addict so I know these are actually some well made bags. I keep socks to go in a cosmetic bag in my purse too. Perfect for that.

Crystal
"Get your Knit On" http://www.freewebs.com/csutliff/
My Yahoo Knit Group!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganknitters/
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  8:40:44 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
I just got a gorgeous purple tote from Lancome. The fabric has a suede feel to it, and it came with a little cosmetic bag perfect for knitting notions. I also have that pink striped one which is so great because it sits up on it's own so nicely.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1553 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  11:50:37 AM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message
I know...don't you love these. I make it a practice to never buy department store cosmetics unless there is a gift. I figure I am paying for it anyway, so I might as well have the gift!

Shirley Ryan, living in Dana Point, CA

...and dance like no one is watching!
Go to Top of Page

PBELKNAP
Permanent Resident

USA
1127 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  05:02:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit PBELKNAP's Homepage Send PBELKNAP a Private Message
My absolutely favorite project bag is a Lancome tote bag I got years ago with a purchase. It's great because it has a zippered top that doesn't snag the yarn. Also, it has side pockets where I keep all my notions and crochet hooks (not the circulars, as they are all on a special "circular solution" holder in my closet <g>).

PAM
Go to Top of Page

Stacey14
Permanent Resident

1120 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  05:52:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stacey14's Homepage Send Stacey14 a Private Message
I love love love my plaid Clinique bag my mom got about a bazillion years ago. A perfect size for a ball of sock yarn, my needle and a row counter!

My Blog:On And Off the Needles
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2586 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  07:13:11 AM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message
Beth - Sorry to take so long on this one: the Clinique bag I use for circulars is pink vinyl/plastic and it looks like an envelope clutch. On the outside (I've got it here at my desk) it's about 8" long and almost 6" high. It's got a pleat on the bottom. (If I stretch out the pleat completely, it's about 2.5" wide/deep.) The fold-over top closes w/an invisible magnetic snap. I've got 12 sets of circulars in there and there's definitely room for more. Neat, complact, and I love it. Hope this helps.

By the way, my dpns are in another Clinique bag - this one's orange, and more of a traditional dopp kit shape w/a zipper around the top and an orange handle across the top. It's about 10" long, 3.5" high, and 4" deep.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe