Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 What's On Your Knitting Wish List?
 Time...more time
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Corddrymum
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
519 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  09:55:21 AM  Show Profile Send Corddrymum a Private Message
I need to find more time to sit and knit. There is always something I feel like I have to do and it really cuts into my knitting time! If only I could figure out a way to add a couple of hours to my day set aside only for knitting!
Robin

JARlady
Chatty Knitter

215 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  10:26:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit JARlady's Homepage Send JARlady a Private Message
Robin,
It is funny that you should start this thread today... I was just reading the blog on the Loopy Ewe's website and the title was '10 Ways to Sneak in Knitting Time! Some very creative ideas!! You will have to check it out:

http://www.theloopyewe.com/sheri/

I'm off to get donuts......

Janice
http://jarlady.blogspot.com/
http://www.galenahaven.homestead.com
Go to Top of Page

mary1208
New Pal

10 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  12:56:06 PM  Show Profile Send mary1208 a Private Message
I agree - especially during the warmer months when I'm spending time outside on gardening and other projects with my husband. I'm exhausted and don't want to think when I come in the house. As the weather cools and we move into fall, I know I'll get the urge again to knit; along with wanting to bake and make pots of soup!
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  1:04:58 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message
Mmmmm....soup weather! With fresh baked bread! Sitting in front of the fireplace knitting....okay, so it's a gas fireplace - it's still nice!
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  1:24:16 PM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
We have been having a slight tease with fall, low's dropping to around 60 and highs aroudn 80. It is letting me know that fall is coming. Last evening I sat on the back porch and knitted for about 45 minutes. It felt so good out there.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

jrhutch
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
412 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  3:56:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit jrhutch's Homepage Send jrhutch a Private Message
Sheri,

It is pretty funny... I just read your blog then came here and saw this and thought of your list.
Have a great labor day weekend all and knit on.

Jackie Hutcherson
The Knitting Hutch
http://theknittinghutch.com
Go to Top of Page

SheBer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
421 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  9:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit SheBer's Homepage Send SheBer a Private Message
Well I had knit/movie night tonight with my daughter (our knitting "group", you know...). We had fun! Did anyone else get some knitting in tonight? I'm planning on more this weekend!

Sheri
www.theloopyewe.com
www.theloopyewe.com/sheri/ (blog)
Go to Top of Page

Eleanor
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
583 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  02:37:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Eleanor a Yahoo! Message Send Eleanor a Private Message
Sheri: I so enjoyed reading your blog. So informative and humorous, at the same time. You're a great writer. Loved your advice about finding time to knit!
Go to Top of Page

Eleanor
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
583 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  02:38:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Eleanor a Yahoo! Message Send Eleanor a Private Message
P.S. I wish my dtr. would be interested in knitting!
Go to Top of Page

SheBer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
421 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  12:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit SheBer's Homepage Send SheBer a Private Message
Eleanor - thank you! It has been fun to have a blog. How old is your daughter? Maybe she'll grow into knitting with you eventually? If not, then hold out for the grandaughters one day!!

Sheri
www.theloopyewe.com
www.theloopyewe.com/sheri/ (blog)
Go to Top of Page

Corddrymum
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
519 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  09:06:29 AM  Show Profile Send Corddrymum a Private Message
Thanks, Everyone & especially Sherri! Those are wonderful ideas and I fully plan to put them to good use. Tonight is my knitting group night and I'm hoping to finish one of the two sweaters I'm working on, both of which are nearly done. I need to start a prayer shawl for someone who just lost their 2 wk old son. How heartbreaking...
Robin
Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  4:07:34 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message
Monday DH took me, as usual, to the Scottish Games. I'll give you half a guess what I packed in addition to water and food.

Yes you are all so smart.

I met a knitting friend there, too. We didn't spend much time with the pipers but I did make some progress on my knitting.

Mrgie
Go to Top of Page

lucylocket
Permanent Resident

4172 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  9:21:30 PM  Show Profile Send lucylocket a Private Message
Definitely more time - Does anyone know Mr Rumpelstiltskin of straw to gold fame?perhaps we could teach him to knit (no strings attached as we already know his name!!) Seriously though we need longer days!!Happy knitting anyway. Lucylocket.
Go to Top of Page

joycet
Warming Up

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  09:30:57 AM  Show Profile Send joycet a Private Message
More time to work on projects is definitely at the top of my wish list!!!
Go to Top of Page

2 gud 4 u
Chatty Knitter

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  6:10:13 PM  Show Profile Send 2 gud 4 u a Private Message
I would love more time to knit...I work at two daycares..and the one in afternoon is the one that I get to knit at....only on rainy days because we bring the kids in to watch movies....I am hoping that in my new house with a garden room I can enjy my knitting

jersey girl
Go to Top of Page

lucylocket
Permanent Resident

4172 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  7:48:09 PM  Show Profile Send lucylocket a Private Message
Hi Jerseygirl - I'm intrigued regarding this garden room that will be in your new house. It sounds lovely - I do most of my work in my room - its quite big and I tend to treat it as a kind of bed-sitter within my house. I even eat in here!! Tell me more about this garden room!!Have fun -Lucylocket
Go to Top of Page

2 gud 4 u
Chatty Knitter

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  7:57:28 PM  Show Profile Send 2 gud 4 u a Private Message
I only can imanige...I am supposed to be moving in Dec...By then hopefully the house will be built by then....It is also called a sun room...but I hope to make it like my sancuarty ..with really nice outside furniture and plants..just a calming place and at the same time I can see the outside. i will keep you updated..your more than welcome to e-mail me

jersey girl
Go to Top of Page

lucylocket
Permanent Resident

4172 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2006 :  5:43:34 PM  Show Profile Send lucylocket a Private Message
Hi Jerseygirl - Thanks - I bet you are looking forward to it - there's nothing like a pleasant environment for knitting!! Lucylocket
Go to Top of Page

2 gud 4 u
Chatty Knitter

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2006 :  05:17:01 AM  Show Profile Send 2 gud 4 u a Private Message
hey Lucy locket we and knitser girl had a knitting get together yesterday....and this post was brought up and I talked about you and the garden room......So I will definitly let you know...nice talk 2 u

jersey girl
Go to Top of Page

lucylocket
Permanent Resident

4172 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  12:52:51 AM  Show Profile Send lucylocket a Private Message
Hi Jersey girl - Thanks again - caught your new topic today - really pleased for you - hope your group continues to grow and flourish!!Happy Knitting - Lucylocket
Go to Top of Page

Knitty1
Chatty Knitter

USA
229 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  10:31:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Knitty1's Homepage Send Knitty1 a Private Message
I think we all need more time.Life has become a rat race......Atleast Fall starts tomorrow......Knitty1

Amy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?