Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Knitting for Babies and Children
 Knitted vegtable rattles
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

missbasket
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  10:56:38 AM  Show Profile Send missbasket a Private Message
Hi, I am looking for a pattern for knitted vegtable rattles. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.
Thank You,
missbasket

carolbeech
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  1:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit carolbeech's Homepage Send carolbeech a Private Message
Try www.jimmybeanswool.com - They used to have a free vegie rattle pattern there. Connie

www.carolbeech.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sjanova
Seriously Hooked

USA
963 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  2:57:20 PM  Show Profile Send sjanova a Private Message
They're still there. Look wonderful, too. Thanks for the tip.

I inserted a "rattle" into a baby ball by using a few popcorn kernels in a very small pill bottle with a childproof lid, sealing that, tying it into the foot of an old pantyhose leg, flipping that over the knot, tying it again, and doing the flip over and tie scene a third time. Of course, it's also in the middle of all the stuffing in a sewn-closed ball. Doesn't mean the baby won't get it open but at least there's a little time before he (the grandchild in February turned out to be a boy and the one due in October is expected to be one also) can get to the pill bottle itself.

There's not as much padding between where a rattle would be and the outside for the veggies, though I'm not sure that makes a difference.

sja
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?