Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Seeking Nearby Knitters
 North Carolina Knitters
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tarheel Knitter
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  12:53:58 PM  Show Profile Send Tarheel Knitter a Private Message
Just wondering if there's anyone in Asheville NC that likes to knit and would like to get a group together.

fjea
New Pal

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  10:33:57 AM  Show Profile Send fjea a Private Message
I know there are lots of knitters in NC but it seems none in your area or mine. I live in Bethel, NC and there doesn't seem to be any knitters near me either. Hopefully you'll find someone near you.

JEANNE
Go to Top of Page

Tuppence
Chatty Knitter

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  09:11:59 AM  Show Profile Send Tuppence a Private Message
Hi! I'm in Hendersonville, but I don't get up to Asheville as often as I'd like to. There is a guild in Asheville, but I don't know much about it. They meet once a month at a church on Sweeten Creek Rd, but that's about all I know.

Yarns to Dye For, in H'ville, has an informal get-together every Tuesday from 10 to 2, where anyone can drop in and knit. It's a very friendly group, but the time and place may be too inconvenient for you.

- Marie
Go to Top of Page

kittysmom
Warming Up

96 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  12:57:13 PM  Show Profile Send kittysmom a Private Message
I live near Shelby and have not run across any knitters here either. Lots of crocheters though.
Go to Top of Page

knits_for_preemies
Permanent Resident

USA
1957 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  03:13:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit knits_for_preemies's Homepage Send knits_for_preemies a Private Message
Tarheel, if you haven't already, you MUST go by Yarn Paradise in Biltmore Village
http://www.yarnparadise.com/

I'm a Georgia girl who was up there a couple of years ago for a "leaf trip". Wonderful yarn and needle selection. The ladies there are super help and especially patient with newbies, which I was at the time. They had Koigu galore---ahhhh---wish their shop was closer. No, on second thought, it's probably best that they're not right around the corner--I'd be broke for sure.

Anyway, go by or give them a call--I'm sure they have info on knitting groups or individuals to contact there.

Enjoy,
Barbara
Go to Top of Page

KL
Permanent Resident

6041 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  06:19:16 AM  Show Profile Send KL a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Tarheel Knitter

Just wondering if there's anyone in Asheville NC that likes to knit and would like to get a group together.

If our re-location plans come to fruition- you can bet that I will chair a group that so wants to get together.

As I greatly doubt that I will open another store, a knitting group would certainly be a priority.

When I looked in the Asheville phone book I was surprised to see more knitting stores than Knoxville- surprised, because of the population differences.

Hopefully I'll meet you all in the not-to-distant future! KL
Go to Top of Page

amestheone
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  08:21:58 AM  Show Profile Send amestheone a Private Message
There is a really neat shop in Charlotte, Baskets of Yarn, and on the 1st of 3rd Wednesdays of every month from 6pm-9pm they have "Knit Night." Just bring your yarn and socialize with others. If you have a problem there is always someone that will help you out. If you need a project you can get help with that too! Great yarns and great prices!!

Amy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?