Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Gifts Received?
 "yellow ribbon scarf"
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

2 gud 4 u
Chatty Knitter

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  7:59:13 PM  Show Profile Send 2 gud 4 u a Private Message
I was given what is called a yellow ribbon scarf which is made from baby yellow yarn and lemon yellow fun fur and knitted . It was the best gift because it was to represent a yelllow ribbon for my husband while he was gone...I was to wear it every day till he got back....and I did.

jersey girl

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  8:09:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
I'm so glad someone thought to make that scarf for you. I didn't know there was such a thing. It's probably just me cause I live in redneck land, but it's a great thought. Is he back?

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  05:35:59 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
What a great gift.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

2 gud 4 u
Chatty Knitter

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  11:13:57 AM  Show Profile Send 2 gud 4 u a Private Message
That was my first time hearing about it to ....there was a Ac Moore that was doing it in upstate NY.....
I try to pass it along. Just in general the idea of giving an unexpected gift is great....Now I love to do different scarfs and give them for gifts.....I have also found that when making a scarf ,if you use about two to three different colors of fun fur etc.....that you get great scarfs......If you need any ideas let me know.

jersey girl
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?