Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Groups Seeking Donated Materials and Knitted Items
 knitting as therapy for adolescents...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kellydarke
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  7:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit kellydarke's Homepage Send kellydarke a Private Message
I have read posts on this forum a bunch of times, but just finally joined..... I have read many posts in the knitting as therapy section since that is a topic I am very interested in researching.
I am an art therapy student and I am starting a knitting as art therapy group at a high school for learning disabled and emotionally impaired students. I plan to use this group for a research study to prove the benefits of knitting as therapy.
I want to be able to run the program without charging the students anything so I am looking for donations - so far, I have about 40 balls of yarn and some needles and lot of crochet hooks. The group will probably be 10 to 15 students, but I also have a counselor from the local middle school that is interested in the knitting group... so, the more supplies I can provide, the better.
any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Kelly Darke

kellydarke
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  05:38:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit kellydarke's Homepage Send kellydarke a Private Message
I forgot to mention that I am in Michigan and I will be putting up a section for the group on my website - www.kellydarke.com - and posting projects and hopefully putting some items up for auction to raise money for the group...

Kelly Darke

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?