Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Share Your Photo Albums
 Felted bags / totes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

craftybernie
Gabber Extraordinaire

United Kingdom
398 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  05:06:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit craftybernie's Homepage Send craftybernie a Private Message
I have posted some pictures of bags that I have knit & felted to date. Drop on by if you get a chance....

www.craftybernie.blogspot.com

Best wishes....Bernie

www.craftybernie.blogspot.com (my knitting blog)
www.fairystuff.blogspot.com (my handmade flower fairies)
www.beadingbernie.blogspot.com (my beaded stuff)

RoseM
Permanent Resident

Canada
1898 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  10:23:53 AM  Show Profile Send RoseM a Private Message
Wow, Bernie! What a lovely group of bags -- and in just a couple of months of knitting -- you've got the felting bug, girl!

What are your fav yarns for felting. I'm always looking for yarns that felt as non-fuzzy/hairy as possible. Like Cascade & Tahki Donegal Tweed. Kureyon -- love the colors, but not the felted fabric so much.

If you want a felting dream, try Fleece Artist Blueface Aran and Fleece Artist Ottawa http://www.fleeceartist.com/products.html. Must post the bags I've done with these yarns. The felted fabric is scrumptous.

Happy felting,
RoseM
Go to Top of Page

craftybernie
Gabber Extraordinaire

United Kingdom
398 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  6:02:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit craftybernie's Homepage Send craftybernie a Private Message
I wish I could say that I've tried the yarns you have mentioned, but sadly no. I don't know what the brand name of my wool is - I get it from a UK e-bayer 'knitshop.co.uk' and all I know it's 100% wool (and very affordable). It kind of looks like pencil roving to me but I couldn't really say. It does knit up beautifully and felts wonderfully.

I would love to try Cascade, Berocco Foliage and also Lion Brand Cashmere - I also like the look of the Noro wools but I've seen mixed reviews about the texture of the wool etc... So far my stash is mainly from the ebayer and my local charity shops. I was afraid to invest in 'designer' wools while learning how to felt. However, now that I have gotten to grips with this felting lark it's probably time to move on to more 'grown up' wool.

I must take a look at the Fleece Artist you suggest.

Thanks for visiting...
Best wishes....Bernie

www.craftybernie.blogspot.com (my knitting blog)
www.fairystuff.blogspot.com (my handmade flower fairies)
www.beadingbernie.blogspot.com (my beaded stuff)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe