Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Knitting for Babies and Children
 Pics and pattern posted for booties
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fmarrs
Guardian angel

USA
9776 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  2:05:34 PM  Show Profile Send fmarrs a Private Message
I just posted the pattern and pictures of the booties I made this morning up on my blog, and also directions and photos on how to do the "baseball" stitch. The booties are extremely simple and fast to knit. I did this all in 2 hours and stopped for lunch in the middle of it.

Now, does anyone want to guess the sex of my great grand baby expected in July?

fran

http://martianmischief.blogspot.com/

greengirl
Seriously Hooked

Taiwan
679 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  4:06:29 PM  Show Profile Send greengirl a Private Message
You're not one for convention, so I guess that the beautiful blue color of your booties is destined for a little girl.

The booties are adorable. I have just recently finished a garter stitch baby kimono, so maybe I'll use this pattern to knit matching booties out of the leftover yarn.

Is there a way to adjust your digital camera to get clearer pictures? I hate to think that but some people won't be able to use your knitting wisdom because the example pictures are somewhat blurry.
Go to Top of Page

Sang
Chatty Knitter

196 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  5:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sang's Homepage  Send Sang a Yahoo! Message Send Sang a Private Message
Girl!!

Thanks for the booties and the other patterns Fran. I really like your blog. I have it bookmarked. I strive to be as prosaic a knitter as you!

Sang.
Go to Top of Page

Sang
Chatty Knitter

196 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  5:41:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sang's Homepage  Send Sang a Yahoo! Message Send Sang a Private Message
BTW, Fran, what is the gauge on the blue yarn you used?

Thanks,
Sang.
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  8:02:09 PM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message
Nice little booties, Fran, and I love the Tulip Hat on your granddaughter!
Go to Top of Page

fmarrs
Guardian angel

USA
9776 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  8:30:56 PM  Show Profile Send fmarrs a Private Message
About 4 stitches per inch. I had nothing to measure it with except my 3 inch finger--LOL. That is not quite accurate enough for checking gauge. I used worsted weight yarn and #8 needles with a cast on of 24. That gave me just 1/2 inch cuff which is the way my granddaughter wanted it.

About my finger--my right index finger is exactly 3 inches long and each segment of it is 1 inch long so I use it a lot when 1/4 inch isn't all that important. Not good enough for gauge but okay in stretchy booties.

I can't blame the camera for the pictures. They were taken by an old woman who eyesight is blurry and whose hands shake. Perhaps one of my grandkids will retake them later.......they are SO busy.

It doesn't matter whether I am conventional or not. My granddaughter wanted blue for her ..... boy. We'll see, sometimes the sex of a baby magically changes when it is born....LOL.

fran

http://martianmischief.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Erinplus3
Chatty Knitter

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  08:25:05 AM  Show Profile Send Erinplus3 a Private Message
Thanks Fran for the pattern and the pictures. I will be making these soon.
Go to Top of Page

MrsD1
Chatty Knitter

284 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  12:36:12 PM  Show Profile Send MrsD1 a Private Message
You are so right, Fran! My friend had her baby on Saturday and the dad is ecstatic about his son, while the mama is busy taking back all the pink dresses and taking down the pink curtains!!
Go to Top of Page

suziew96
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  09:42:25 AM  Show Profile Send suziew96 a Private Message
thanks once again for your great pattern and knitting help...
I plan to try out the bootie pattern soon for a baby girl in --- pink - by request of the mom to be ... ha ha...

peace, JW
iphotos: http://homepage.mac.com/suziew96/PhotoAlbum6.html
Go to Top of Page

suziew96
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  12:19:16 PM  Show Profile Send suziew96 a Private Message
Hi Fran -
I made your booties for Emily who is due in Sept. from a cotton yarn which has pink of various shades. with the leftover yarn I crocheted a little newsgirl cap (didn't have enough yarn to try to knit one).

The booties turned out soo cute and soft - thank you so much ...
I really love the fact that there are no seams on the bottom of the booties..
i'm thinking I ought to try to really size them up and make myself a pair -

you're the best

peace, JW
iphotos: http://homepage.mac.com/suziew96/PhotoAlbum6.html
Go to Top of Page

suziew96
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  5:11:32 PM  Show Profile Send suziew96 a Private Message
pics of fran's booties (pink ones!) finally uploaded onto computer - a month later!
[:00]

peace, JW
iphotos: http://homepage.mac.com/suziew96/PhotoAlbum8.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by