Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Gifts Received?
 I'm a Lucky Girl!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nwilson02
Chatty Knitter

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  10:27:19 AM  Show Profile Send nwilson02 a Private Message
My sister and her husband just got back from a trip to Ireland and brought me some beautiful yarn as a gift for babysitting their girls (which I would have done for nothing, but hey, I'll keep the yarn). It's called Luxury Tweed Double Knitting yarn by Tivoli and it's a soft plum color. It feels wonderful and now I have to find a project for it. I have 10 skeins (500 grams) so I'm thinking this might be time to learn Aran knitting and do a pretty scarf with it. Oh, the choices. . .

By the way, she's my sister and I won't share her.

Nancy

Wonk
Chatty Knitter

United Kingdom
273 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  11:00:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wonk's Homepage Send Wonk a Private Message
I just looked it up online. It's lovely yarn! You have enough to make a sweater there (and a beautiful one). I think I'd go with that, and you can make a scarf with the leftovers.

Of course, it's your choice. What a beautiful gift!

Wonk
http://wonkknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  10:07:27 PM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi,

I went to Camberwell Market in Melbourne this morning and got 12 balls of 50g pure wool, hand spinned for $24, was most pleased with myself.

Haven't been there for ages and couldn't believe they actually sold wool, they also had huge pairs of knitting needles from size 12mm upwards and very long with it, but I think if I used them I'd either knock myself out or the person sitting next to me.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

Old Knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
790 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2006 :  04:16:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Old Knitter's Homepage Send Old Knitter a Private Message
I would love to go to Ireland, she says whispfully. But, I can't make myself get on a p p p p plane. (now in a cold sweat for having actually typed the word) I can't imagaine how much I would enjoy it, never mind the scenery and history....the YARN.

Holly

www.knittinghaven.com
Go to Top of Page

Momo
Seriously Hooked

635 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2006 :  07:51:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Momo's Homepage Send Momo a Private Message
Ooh, how nice. You should definitely make a sweater.

Holly - you could always take a boat, right.

Cheers,

Charc

My Blog and FOs
Go to Top of Page

busypainter
Chatty Knitter

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2006 :  11:56:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit busypainter's Homepage Send busypainter a Private Message
What a wonderful gift! Such lovely yarn to knit with. Beautiful color. Enjoy knitting whatever project you want.
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  1:28:20 PM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
What a wonderful gift. My boss is golfing this week in Ireland. What a waste, with all of the wonderful things to do there.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.