Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Gifts Received?
 Ott Lamp
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  08:03:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
I have been wanting a floor model Ott Lamp ever since I discovered them here on a thread. They were advertised in IK this month and I noticed a logo for ACMoore stores. Last night I mentioned to my husband that they carry them. (I had already checked that a 40% off coupon could be used for it, plus I had a $40 store credit to use.) He took me right away and bought it for me.

The price was $170 and it cost only $67 with tax when we finished. Even he thought it was a good deal. I had priced the same lamp at another store in the area for between $200 and $250. Also, they don't give discounts.

I am working on my first intarsia project with colors that are close in hue and,there is a tremedous difference in the way I can see my stitches now.

I think he may use it a few times himself in the future.

=^..^= Debbie [meow] http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  09:32:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
My sister does a lot of beadwork with tiny, tiny beads and she uses an Ott light. I'd never really thought about one for knitting! Let me know how you like it.

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

lizknit
Permanent Resident

USA
1179 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  09:53:20 AM  Show Profile Send lizknit a Private Message
I have two of the task lamps and don't know how I got along without them. I'd kill to have a floor lamp.

The cat, the only self-cleaning appliance in the house
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  12:23:22 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
I have the floor model with magifying glass and instruction holder and love it. I have had it for about 5 yrs and don't know what I would do without it.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  1:11:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
I already love this lamp. I knit by it last night for a few hours (o.k. until 2a.m.) and again today. I can really see the difference in the lighting.

I may have to get a second one for my craft room for the stained glass work. Meanwhile this one can be moved from the livingroom if I need to.

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  06:39:13 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
An Ott lite is probably one of the best investments you can do. I have used one for years for both knitting and cross stitch. Recently my husband has started to use it for reading more and more. The amount of light you get is amazing. I won't work on a project without one.

Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Carol51
Warming Up

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2006 :  05:30:00 AM  Show Profile Send Carol51 a Private Message
I have an OTT light and I love it but it does tend to come apart (the pole portion )when you move it around too much. This is a common complaint with these floor models. My DH just put a clamp on it to keep it together. Anyway... I wanted to let people know that I have seen OTT floor lights at 2 different Big Lot stores. One in NH and the other in FL. Both were $49.00 wich is a great deal.
Carol
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2006 :  1:56:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
I have the one with the big base held on by one screw and the pole part is one piece. Thanks for the info about Big Lots. One opened not far from me a few months ago.

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?