Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Favorite Designers
 FAVORITE DESIGNERS
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Janice Rosema
Chatty Knitter

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  3:30:05 PM  Show Profile Send Janice Rosema a Private Message
I have to say that Nicky Epstein is one of my favorites. Her work is fun, charming and challenging. It is a joy to work on and take ideas and go to the next level with her ideas. Check her out! Janice Rosema

kjtendyke
Chatty Knitter

USA
216 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  1:07:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit kjtendyke's Homepage Send kjtendyke a Private Message
I love Nicky's patterns. Her designs are so ingenuious. Here's a link to her website if anyone's interested.
http://www.nickyepstein.com/

~Kristen~

www.kristentendyke.com
Go to Top of Page

tyffaneesue
Gabber Extraordinaire

572 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  7:38:51 PM  Show Profile Send tyffaneesue a Private Message
I met Nicky today at Stitches and she is as fun and charming as Janice suggests. She was fixing the errata while signing her books--now, that's dedication. There were samples of all the items from her felted purses books, and those were amazing too. I am now a Nicky fan.
Go to Top of Page

happyneedles
Seriously Hooked

USA
849 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  08:00:11 AM  Show Profile Send happyneedles a Private Message
I haven't seen the Felted Bags book yet-but I'm looking forward to it! Can you tell me what yarns Nicky uses for her bags? Sue

~Knitting is a gift you give to yourself~
Go to Top of Page

tyffaneesue
Gabber Extraordinaire

572 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  3:16:35 PM  Show Profile Send tyffaneesue a Private Message
The kit I bought came with Jamieson's yarns. Nice yarn, reasonably priced.
Go to Top of Page

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  5:30:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdcrowley's Homepage Send kdcrowley a Private Message
I just took an all day class with her, and really enjoyed it.

I have to say though that if I made one of her felted bags, that I would use a heaveir yarn....the felted fabric felt a bit thin to my preferences....

I have to say that she is a very vibrant woman from what I have seen.

Mistress Kelley of the Hellacious Sockknitting

Going to He** for buying sock yarn during Lent, but at least my feet won't be cold.

http://ceallachknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

msgb
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
531 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  08:33:23 AM  Show Profile Send msgb a Private Message
I just fell in love with the Noni bags. It seems I want one of each of the different patterns. They aren't cheap though so I am spreading the cost out.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe