Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting as Therapy
 Knitting thru disability...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eggshel344
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  07:45:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit eggshel344's Homepage  Send eggshel344 a Yahoo! Message Send eggshel344 a Private Message
Yesterday my doctor took me out of work for 6 weeks, and put me on short term disability. The stress at work had aggrevated my migraines and another stress aggrevatable condition I have, to the point where I was having a really hard time even functioning day to day.

But my doctor told me to spend the next 6 weeks doing things that will relax and de-stress me, so guess what I have in mind! Knitting Knitting, Knitting! Of course, I have my physical theapy, and doctors appointments but other than that, the fiber arts will be mine! (fiendish laugh) [:00]

In all seriousness, I think it really will help relax me. It always does in the small doses I have time for, so if I have 6 whole weeks for it, wowsers! I should be totally destressed. then I only have to worry about when I go back... [:((]

*new blog* http://www.samanthainstitches.blogspot.com/

"Failure is only an opportunity to begin agian more intellegently."
When Henry Ford said that I doubt he had knitting in mind, but if the sweater fits...

knitpicker
Warming Up

99 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  08:51:07 AM  Show Profile Send knitpicker a Private Message
Good luck and hope you feel better soon. What will you be knitting? Maybe a visit to a yarn store will help too.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

knitpicker
Warming Up

99 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  08:51:07 AM  Show Profile Send knitpicker a Private Message
Good luck and hope you feel better soon. What will you be knitting? Maybe a visit to a yarn store will help too.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Boston Terrier Knitter
Chatty Knitter

315 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  10:37:38 AM  Show Profile Send Boston Terrier Knitter a Private Message
Sounds like the only thing missing is you taking a trip to Hawaii and knitting there. :) I wish I'd known how to knit when I went there 2 years ago.

I hope your time off will help and that you get lots of wonderful projects finished. Feel better!

"Nothing in America is more American or more expressive of the American spirit than that of the little American dog, the Boston terrier."
http://bostonterrierknitter.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Boston Terrier Knitter
Chatty Knitter

315 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  10:37:38 AM  Show Profile Send Boston Terrier Knitter a Private Message
Sounds like the only thing missing is you taking a trip to Hawaii and knitting there. :) I wish I'd known how to knit when I went there 2 years ago.

I hope your time off will help and that you get lots of wonderful projects finished. Feel better!

"Nothing in America is more American or more expressive of the American spirit than that of the little American dog, the Boston terrier."
http://bostonterrierknitter.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.89 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?