Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Forum Feedback and Suggestion Box
 New Forum Section?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnitSSK
Seriously Hooked

USA
656 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  08:30:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit KnitSSK's Homepage Send KnitSSK a Private Message
I think it'd be cool to have an area in the forum where users write about projects they've recently finished and what they liked about the pattern or not, whether they'd recommend the pattern or not, etc. It could be sort of like the "customer review" sections at Amazon and the like. For me, when I finish a project, I feel that I have a lot to share about that project and what I say might assist someone else who is considering the pattern at some point. Now, if I want to share that or am looking to find what someone else has stated about a project, I have to do a search and will find that type of information all over the place. This way, it would be isolated in one area. Does that make sense? Is it of interest to anyone else?

Martha

Wanting to be knitting, not working...

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  08:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
that would probably fit nicely into the "what are you working on" "Current Projects" section, but folks here don't like to post where things belong, and reminders to do so sometimes result in temper tantrums about how everyone is so mean if you post in the wrong section, so as a result - things are all over the place and hard to find.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

KnitSSK
Seriously Hooked

USA
656 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  08:49:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit KnitSSK's Homepage Send KnitSSK a Private Message
I wonder if it were worded Finished Projects Comments or something like that? I agree with what you stated and would like to figure a way to attempt improvement so that the forum could be an even better resource than it already is. It's just a thought.

Martha

Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  08:52:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Not argueing or even disagreeing with you in the least, Martha. I just think that folks actually posting (ONCE) in the appropriate section would go a long way to assist in matters of finding things.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2208 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  09:22:56 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
The thing is - comments about a project could fit into "What am I working On?" "Current Project", or into any of the specific groups which might apply to the project - such as "shawls" or "400 yard projects" etc, etc.

It isn't necessarily that people put their comments in the wrong place - but that there are far too many places that a piece of information can fit.

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  12:45:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
I disagree, MM. Some of the places that people mispost things are so far removed from the subject of the posts, it's quite clear that they're not confused, just too lazy to read through the section titles to find the appropriate thread. Most of the posts that begin with "I don't know if this is the right spot..." ARE in the right spot, and that intro shows that the poster thought about where to put the question. The egregious ones are posted willy-nilly.

Lissa

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2208 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  12:57:59 PM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
I agree with you Lissa - some people just don't look at where they are posting - but *MY* point was that there are often multiple locations that would be perfectly acceptable places for the same post.

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

KnitSSK
Seriously Hooked

USA
656 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  1:27:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit KnitSSK's Homepage Send KnitSSK a Private Message
The irony is that I so much agree with everything you all are saying and posted the concept in the hopes that it would make it easier. But, you're right. No matter how well a section is identified, many users will still post things in a different area. I'm so neat and tidy that I have a hard time relating to even the thought of posting in the "wrong" area (LOL).

Martha

Go to Top of Page

metromaples
Seriously Hooked

USA
876 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  2:09:54 PM  Show Profile Send metromaples a Private Message
Martha knitssk,
I can see the point of what you are suggesting but that type of information is what most people put on their blogs. Which is one of the reasons I'm thinking of getting one.

Jeri

Go to Top of Page

KnitSSK
Seriously Hooked

USA
656 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  2:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit KnitSSK's Homepage Send KnitSSK a Private Message
That's true. In fact, that's exactly the type of information I thought would be useful to those of us who just don't have the time to blog. I wish I did but I spend every free moment knitting, which still isnt' enough time.

Martha

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.