Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet technique questions
 How to make a nice puff?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Momo
Seriously Hooked

635 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  08:27:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Momo's Homepage Send Momo a Private Message
I expect the answer is practice. Mine have gotten better over time, but they still don't match up to the ones I see in magazines. So I was wondering if there were also some super secret tricks. TIA!

Cheers,

Charc

My Blog: Kung Fu Knitting
Ithaca S'n B Blog

needlestohook
Warming Up

68 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  11:43:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit needlestohook's Homepage Send needlestohook a Private Message
Charc,

I know exactly what you mean, the puff stitch can be a tricky one to do. I've discovered that if you loosen up your tension slightly they come out more fuller and uniform. That is one of the secrets of uniform stitches: to keep your tension consistant, not too tight nor too loose.
Just remember not to think your stitches have to be "perfect" or exactly like the ones you see in the pictures. Over time you'll get better and better, I'm sure of it!
Have a great day,
Rebekah
Go to Top of Page

juliebug
New Pal

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  6:00:01 PM  Show Profile Send juliebug a Private Message
I have found that practice does help. If a pattern calls for popcorns or puffs just practice with the yarn and hook that works for your gauge. Once you get the hang of it don't think about it! If you over focus on just the puffs you will loose consistancy and they will be irregular. I know it sounds like hookey advice but it worked for me. When I stopped worrying about them they got better.

Julie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?