Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting on the Web
 Online Shops - Questions and Favorites
 anyone tried this shop?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wkf0316
New Pal

7 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  9:41:44 PM  Show Profile Send wkf0316 a Private Message
http://www.skyridertrading.com/sales%20worsted%20fingering.htm

price looks yummy! but anyone here tried it before? I'm looking for 100% wool yarn for felting.

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2393 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  07:14:54 AM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
Price looks good but there isn't much information about the yarn and they don't have much stock. I've never heard of them. Is it free shipping no matter how much you order? If you order, you'll have to let us know how they are. (And I'd check Cascade 220 and Paton's prices to compare because they have more yardage and the prices might be close. We've all had good experience felting with both those yarns. FYI, Patons is $4.99 for 223 yards and if you order $25 or more, you get free shipping at Joanns today...and I have NO affiliation with Joanns...I'm just a comparison shopper.)
Go to Top of Page

msgb
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
531 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  08:01:05 AM  Show Profile Send msgb a Private Message
I have never heard of them. The prices look wonderful but what is the yarn and who makes it and how they make their product so inexpensive?
Go to Top of Page

eggshel344
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  1:20:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit eggshel344's Homepage  Send eggshel344 a Yahoo! Message Send eggshel344 a Private Message
they do look to have great prices and some nice colors, the home page says the yarn is 100% Australian wool...

I did notice the web site's copywrite date to be 2005, so they could be new and trying to gain customers which could explain the low prices and the somewhat limited supply of yarn.
Also other parts of the site seemed unfinished, if you know what I mean, like the free patterns page had some photos, but no actual patterns yet, and a note saying "instructions and more to come" This could also be a sign of a new shop trying to get going...
I would be curious to hear anyone's experience if they do or have tried them.. I am getting into dying, and if nothing else the white and ivory could be good base yarns cheep...

*new blog* http://www.samanthainstitches.blogspot.com/

"Failure is only an opportunity to begin agian more intellegently."
When Henry Ford said that I doubt he had knitting in mind, but if the sweater fits...
Go to Top of Page

wkf0316
New Pal

7 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  3:28:03 PM  Show Profile Send wkf0316 a Private Message
good analysis azblueskies. i actually learned the site from an eBay seller. She has a ME page that advertises her online shop. she has only 13 feedbacks that means she is new in business. from her feeback looks like she sells good quality yarn and DPNs. pictures look good too. I'm really interested in giving it a try. I sure will let you guys know about my experience shopping with them.
Go to Top of Page

greengirl
Seriously Hooked

Taiwan
679 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  9:38:47 PM  Show Profile Send greengirl a Private Message
The pictures on the site aren't very sharp, but it looks like the yarn labels are in simplified Chinese characters. Therefore, although the wool may be from Australian sheep, there is a good chance that it is prepared, dyed, and spun in Mainland China.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe