Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Seeking Advice about Yarns
 WEBS' Valley Yarns
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Katheroni
Permanent Resident

USA
1407 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  5:37:09 PM  Show Profile Send Katheroni a Private Message
I am wanting to knit the sweater "Tubey" from the new Knitty. It calls for Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. I have read enough reviews of this yarn to NOT want to knit a sweater in it. It's a bit pricey and from all I've heard, doesn't wear too well.

I heard from someone that WEBS has their own version of Cashmerino that is much cheaper. I think they were probably talking aubt Sugarloaf, which has no cashmere, actually. Has anyone used this yarn? How does it feel? And, just as important, how does it wear?

Stacey14
Permanent Resident

1120 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  05:52:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stacey14's Homepage Send Stacey14 a Private Message
I haven't knit with it, but I got samples, and it is REALLY soft in beautiful colors. I plan on checking it out when I go to Webs next week.

My Blog:On And Off the Needles
Go to Top of Page

jenniferquinn
Warming Up

56 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  06:03:58 AM  Show Profile Send jenniferquinn a Private Message
I used the Shelburne and I loved it! It's not the same yarn, but it's made by Valley Yarns and it is very nice...
Go to Top of Page

Katheroni
Permanent Resident

USA
1407 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  1:18:22 PM  Show Profile Send Katheroni a Private Message
Thanks, Stacey14 and Jenniferquinn. I placed an order with WEBS yesterday that included one skein of Sugarloaf. I'll make a hat and see what I think of it.
Go to Top of Page

knitabit33
Seriously Hooked

742 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  3:44:50 PM  Show Profile Send knitabit33 a Private Message
I also received one skein with my last Kureyon order. The Sugarloaf
is very soft and the color range is pretty good. It is on my list
for future purchases.

Karen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth