Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting on the Web
 Online Shops - Questions and Favorites
 So Far so good with Kpixie!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eggshel344
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  8:01:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit eggshel344's Homepage  Send eggshel344 a Yahoo! Message Send eggshel344 a Private Message
On Friday mid-afternoon I placed an order with Kpixie.com, and as with placing late-day Friday Internet orders I really didn't expect to hear anything or see anything from them to next week and that I would be lucky if the yarn came by the monday after xmas... (nothing against kpixie, but you guys know how the net can be...still waiting on a knitpicks order from nearly 2 weeks ago), so this morning, by the time I turn my computer on at around 10:30 (keep in mind this is on SATURDAY) I have an email that the order has been shipped priority mail.

I was and am very pleased. With priority mail, there's even a chance I will get the package mid-this week, before the holdiays, and at this rate before the knit picks order gets here!

"Failure is only an opportunity to begin agian more intellegently."
When Henry Ford said that I doubt he had knitting in mind, but if the sweater fits...

Boogie
Permanent Resident

USA
3073 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  05:52:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Boogie's Homepage Send Boogie a Private Message
Kpixie has excellent shipping turn arounds. (I ordered Sat AM early and it shipped the same day)

Knitpicks, not quite so good, ok - not even close.

amy
http://theboogerblog.blogspot.com
http://www.spunkyhats.com
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3461 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  11:49:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message
I ordered a few times from kpixie and the orders were always shipped right away (plus I live in the same state so that really helps :).

They have really good prices on Lorna's laces and it's nice to experiment with their one-of-a-kind yarns. I just went to their trunk show in Boston yesterday and I *had* to get some of the Bamboo yarn :)

--Minh
Go to Top of Page

steff13
Chatty Knitter

USA
348 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  12:05:11 PM  Show Profile Send steff13 a Private Message
I have only ordered once from kpixie, but I was very pleased. It was last month, I placed the order on Saturday, and received the yarn the next Monday. I live in Ohio, I am not sure where they were shipping from, but I was very impressed.

I have a blog! http://steff13.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

eggshel344
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  1:37:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit eggshel344's Homepage  Send eggshel344 a Yahoo! Message Send eggshel344 a Private Message
ohhhh- the idea that it could be here tomorrow has me so giddy- I know I have a problem... :)

When Henry Ford said that I doubt he had knitting in mind, but if the sweater fits...
Go to Top of Page

Stacey14
Permanent Resident

1120 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  06:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stacey14's Homepage Send Stacey14 a Private Message
I'm waiting for them to get some more Vesper sock yarn in! I misssed the last bunch!

My Blog:On And Off the Needles
Go to Top of Page

slaggyc
Permanent Resident

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  1:47:43 PM  Show Profile Send slaggyc a Private Message
That's good to hear! I just placed my first order with them a few days ago.

Chelsey

Go to Top of Page

becka always
Permanent Resident

USA
1959 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  2:03:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit becka always's Homepage Send becka always a Private Message
I must say that the girls @ kpixie ROCK!! Not only do they have wonderful goodies..but they give excellent customer service and the entire show is run by 2 women !!!

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/avatarknittingyoda.jpg[/IMG]

Addicted to the Knit
Becka Always
Go to Top of Page

eggshel344
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  3:56:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit eggshel344's Homepage  Send eggshel344 a Yahoo! Message Send eggshel344 a Private Message
girl power!

Go to Top of Page

eggshel344
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  2:40:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit eggshel344's Homepage  Send eggshel344 a Yahoo! Message Send eggshel344 a Private Message
It came and it's BEAUTIFUL! Splendid lornas laces and southwest trading co. packaged in a bag tied with a piece of yarn and covered with tissue paper. Now that's the way to get yarn!

*new blog* http://www.samanthainstitches.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe