Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Just Getting Started - Beginning to Spin
 My first time - pics!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Frannybee
Warming Up

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  2:39:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frannybee's Homepage Send Frannybee a Private Message
Jeni of Fyberspates fame provided me with a spindle and some gorgeous roving to play with this week. I'm going to a spinning workshop in January and was keen to get started spinning beforehand. Well, I've had a ball! My roving is no more and my first yarn is drying after having a good soak. It's overspun in quite a few places, but overall I'm very pleased with how it's turned out. Isn't the colourway lovely? The shot on the spindle isn't very true to the real colours.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/frannybee/setting2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/frannybee/VirginSpinningExperience.jpg[/img]

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  3:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
MMMM...purps and pinks - my favorite!

Lissa

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page

firymist
Chatty Knitter

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  5:13:40 PM  Show Profile Send firymist a Private Message
I think it looks pretty good and I love the colorway! It also looks pretty even, way better than my first yarn!
firymist
Go to Top of Page

kknitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

407 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  7:42:34 PM  Show Profile Send kknitter a Private Message
good job! And what lovely colors! It's fun, isn't it??

~KKnitter's Blog
Go to Top of Page

Yarnni
Permanent Resident

Canada
1021 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  06:24:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yarnni's Homepage Send Yarnni a Private Message
How beautiful! Did you dye it yourself? I'm not a spinner, so the whole process is pretty magical to me.

Yarnni
www.knitwerx.com
Go to Top of Page

Frannybee
Warming Up

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  07:04:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frannybee's Homepage Send Frannybee a Private Message
I didn't dye it, that was Jeni from Fyberspates. I had so much fun doing it I couldn't wait to get it finished and set. I spent 6 hours volunteering at a sick children's party yesterday and was exhausted when I got home, but I picked up the spindle again as soon as I got in the door. [:00]
Go to Top of Page

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  08:53:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
Very nice! Welcome to the almost evilly addictive wonderful world of spinning!

--Susan T-O in Long Beach CA

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the
most discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny.'" --Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Magnicmax
Chatty Knitter

100 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  6:44:49 PM  Show Profile Send Magnicmax a Private Message
Frannyb your yarn looks lovely! Awesome colors! I can't wait to get my wheel so I can spin away! I have been getting frustrated at my spindle lately. After I went to my local spinner group and saw all those wheels I lost interest in the spindle[**]
Go to Top of Page

CatherineM
Permanent Resident

USA
3363 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  6:47:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit CatherineM's Homepage Send CatherineM a Private Message
Lovely colors, my favorites - but do you have any idea how many pervert googles this topic is going to get? I nearly fell off my chair - MY, KR has gotten interesting!

Catherine
http://www.yorkiedog.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.