Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Yarn Stores Around the Globe
 Roanoke and Charlotte
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

luvrbucks
New Pal

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2005 :  06:25:27 AM  Show Profile Send luvrbucks a Private Message
I visited family over Thanksgiving weekend in Roanoke, VA, and Charlotte, NC. Since I come from a small town in OH with no LYS, I searched on the internet for yarn shops in those two cities. What I found I couldn't have been happier with. The two shops are Needle on the Square in Roanoke and The Peace of Yarn in Charlotte. I have a story for each:
1)Needle on the Square--I had started a multidirectional diagonal scarf and lost track of where I was. When I tried to restart, I made a right angle somehow. I am absolutely awful at figuring out how to correct my mistakes, so I took that scarf to NOTS and the ladies there took had done and got me going again. One gave me her home email address in case I needed more help.
2)The Peace of Yarn--I was looking for two not-so-common colors of Lamb's Pride that I wanted to use for felting. I called all the LYS around the Charlotte area to see if they had those colors. I called TPOY on Sat. evening at 5:10. The lady said yes they had the yarn, but they closed at 5. She offered to stay just for me so I could get what I needed.
I am so haapy with those two shops. I highly recommend them if you're ever in either of those areas.

knitabit33
Seriously Hooked

742 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2005 :  12:02:44 PM  Show Profile Send knitabit33 a Private Message
Kimberly

So happy you liked our local shop in Charlotte.
I won't voice my favorite here as I go to several of them on a regular
basis and can only rave about them.

I almost opened a shop here a year ago, thank goodness I did not. All
the shops- new and old - are terrific.

Karen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000