Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Book recommendations and questions
 Knitters Handbook?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Karknit
Seriously Hooked

USA
711 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  12:46:25 PM  Show Profile Send Karknit a Private Message
Here is another book that claims to have all the knit knowledge one would need. At least this one seems to have good pictures.
Does this book go beyond the basics to some real hard core answers to tough questions?
Does anyone have this one in their knitting bag?

http://www.knitpicks.com/books/books_display.aspx?itemid=30653#

I love reading book reviews from others. I have to order all books on line, so since I can't look through the books I read this fourm alot.

karknit

My diet incentive, to knit smaller sweaters.

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  09:38:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
I have it. Largely basics, but I picked up a tip or two that I didn't already know.

Lissa

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page

Karknit
Seriously Hooked

USA
711 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  10:54:53 AM  Show Profile Send Karknit a Private Message
Shut, I have enough basic books. Is there a good book for advanced knitting. Not that I'm anywhere near that level, but I'm always willing to learn more, and push myself to the next level.

karknit

Go to Top of Page

ScubaQueen
Seriously Hooked

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  11:13:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit ScubaQueen's Homepage Send ScubaQueen a Private Message
Karnit...I have this book. I like it because it's small and fits in my travel bag. Of course I'm a new knitter and many times need to refer back to a book for basic instruction (how do I M1R [make one right]???) I often forget and need to reference the book for help.

I also have the Vogue Knitting Ultimate Knitters Handbook. It's a big hardback book. It shows a lot about garment construction.

Wendy

Somewhere in Texas there's a village missing its idiot!
My blog and other such nonsense... 2 Wet Fins
Go to Top of Page

xmasberry
Seriously Hooked

826 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  12:07:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit xmasberry's Homepage Send xmasberry a Private Message
i have it and use it quite often. Great illustrations that make sense to me. I like that i can but it in my backpack and look up how to start that kitchener stitch when i get to the toe, etc. It's more of an easy reference than a 'learn to knit' book, i feel.

holly x
"do what you love, love what you do, leave the world a better place and don't pick your nose" -Jef Mallett
little miss messy hair's blog
Go to Top of Page

Karknit
Seriously Hooked

USA
711 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  2:57:25 PM  Show Profile Send Karknit a Private Message
I have the Vogue book too, great reference book, but when in a hurry to find something while the needles are in my hand is difficult.
I really want an experienced knitter in my knitting bag to answer all my questions at the moment.
I remember when I wanted to learn M1R and M1L, I had to search the web to find the answer.
Now my next question I have to research is decreasing and increasing in pattern for shaping. Also converting flat to round patterns.

Always one step behind the learning curve.

karknit

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe