Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Favorite Yarns
 Phildar Yarns
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

threadbearIN
New Pal

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  5:14:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit threadbearIN's Homepage Send threadbearIN a Private Message
Does anyone else find it humorous (not in the fun way) that Phildar is now distributed in the US by Knitting Fever, Inc. (KFI).

Oh well..........so much for that...........

oneangel77
Gabber Extraordinaire

453 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  7:01:47 PM  Show Profile Send oneangel77 a Private Message
Oh no! Is it really? Now it's going to be even more of a pain to get a hold of their stuff since all the shops I feel most comfortable with (either online or not) don't do business with them...oh well at least there is a really nice lady in Canada that I can get the patterns from.
Go to Top of Page

knittynoddy
Gabber Extraordinaire

460 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  7:22:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit knittynoddy's Homepage Send knittynoddy a Private Message
Not only that, but they will not be carrying the current pattern magazines - right Rob? - nor the latest yarns (FWIW).

My understanding is that what they will have in the way of patterns is something put together just for KFI.

Evelyn
Knitty Noddy
www.knitty-noddy.com
Go to Top of Page

Stacey14
Permanent Resident

1120 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  08:35:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stacey14's Homepage Send Stacey14 a Private Message
Really? I'd love to get my hands on some of the recent pattern books!

My Blog:On And Off the Needles
Go to Top of Page

knittynoddy
Gabber Extraordinaire

460 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  09:59:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit knittynoddy's Homepage Send knittynoddy a Private Message
Stacey14 - So would I !! The point I was trying to make is that the situation has not improved for stores in the USA trying to carry Phildar products.

Yes, now we can get some of the yarns (easier?) now that KFI is importing them - but we still can not get the up-to-date pattern books/magazines (at least not from KFI).

Evelyn
Knitty Noddy
www.knitty-noddy.com
Go to Top of Page

Stacey14
Permanent Resident

1120 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  11:52:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stacey14's Homepage Send Stacey14 a Private Message
How frustrating! Espcially since they do publish a few in english...I guess buying off their website or a few other canadian merchants I foudn them from isn't going to end anytime soon....

My Blog:On And Off the Needles
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?