Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Knitting Magazines
 Knitter's Magazine -- Winter Edition
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lamknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
201 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  4:25:20 PM  Show Profile Send lamknits a Private Message
Mine came in the mail today and all I can say is, "oh my!" Just who is this stuff designed for? The Coco Chanel sweaters were the same old, same old and the accessories were pretty silly. The magazine was skimpy and it seemed as if 1/3 of the pages were devoted to advertising XRX stuff -- Stitches, yarn packs, 2 pages for Sally Mellville's latest book. This magazine has certainly gone down hill over the last year. Leslie in Beautiful Bucks County, PA where winter hath arrived. Brr.

Busyhands
Permanent Resident

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  9:55:19 PM  Show Profile Send Busyhands a Private Message
I got mine yesterday. Didn't like the Chanel items, but the article was interesting. I am fascinated by the ring vest, and think I will try that out when the Christmas presents are done. OK, who am I kidding, I have already measured and ordered the yarn from Elann for it. There were a couple nice sweaters in the other, non-Chanel sections, too - nothing that jumped out and screamed, "KNIT ME NOW!", but good not-too-trendy-looking patterns that I may go back to later - like the red textured men's and women's sweaters, and the striped cardigan. At least there was a pleasing lack of Muppet fur in this issue - do you think this means they're finally listening to us?

Lin, High Priestess of Liberal Color Usage
"Wearing cheerful, multicolored hats is a public service, easy to perform, and of incalculable value." - Anna Zilboorg
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Busyhands/elisaintunnel.jpg[/IMG]
Go to Top of Page

RobA
Permanent Resident

2373 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  06:27:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit RobA's Homepage Send RobA a Private Message
Just one more confirmation that I was right to let my subscription drop. I am much happier with the approach Interweave Knits took in its winter issue.

Rob http://roberta.typepad.com/robknits/
Go to Top of Page

MissPooh
Angel

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  07:02:37 AM  Show Profile Send MissPooh a Private Message
I was a bit disappointed, too. Maybe these designs appeal to younger knitter.

Mary Lou

"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

platys
Seriously Hooked

USA
719 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  10:49:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit platys's Homepage Send platys a Private Message
I help moderate the knitting community over on LiveJournal, where the average age is like 19. They all hated the Winter Knitters as well. So, I have no idea who they are appealing too, honestly.

They do tend to like Vogue Knitting and IK, though.

Gail
http://www.knittergail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.7 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.