Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Knitting Magazines
 Creative Knitting Summer '05'06
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bullmonty
Seriously Hooked

814 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  3:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bullmonty's Homepage Send Bullmonty a Private Message
Hi
Has anyone seen this issue? any reviews?

[img]http://www.bensonassoc.com/pct/p09/mom_baby.gif[/img]

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  03:30:22 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi Nancy,

Is it issue no. 13, if so its pretty good, they have a review on Knitters of Australia which is now called Wool Shop Direct.

There's a pattern for a really cool handbag, bolero and shorts.

Also quite a few children's patterns.

There is also a thing about knitters needed and knit for charity.

I found it much better than the last issue which seemed to be mainly kids stuff.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia
Go to Top of Page

MeCranky
New Pal

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  4:56:57 PM  Show Profile Send MeCranky a Private Message
I like this issue. It has a few patterns from the latest Patonyle booklet. The kid's clothing isn't as frou frou as in previous issues. An interesting twisted rib jacket. Too much crochet - but then even one is too many. There are critics, of course. Two articles are repeats - but they are both just fillers. Maybe it's time all the critics of this magazine did something constructive, like submitting articles and patterns. Or maybe they have, and they were rejected?

Poor CK can't win. "Give us freebies", the masses screamed - comparing the mag to Simply Knitting. So, they give a freebie. "It's Wrapped In Plastic!", same critics scream. How can we review before we buy? Gasp, they have patterns from published booklets! Gasp - so does Simply Knitting, and no-one seems to complain about that!

The self-appointed Guardians of Australian Knitting Quality will never be pleased with this magazine. http://www.yarnmagazine.com.au/ is supposed to be in the newsagents this week, maybe they will like that one.

The magazine still has a way to go. They need a better techniques writer, one who can knit and block a swatch so it looks halfway decent. The technical articles are a bit of a joke, even for a rank beginner.
Go to Top of Page

Tam
Permanent Resident

Australia
2810 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  5:58:21 PM  Show Profile Send Tam a Private Message
It has taken 13 issues for me to actually find enough patterns (more than 1) that I like so I am finally going to buy Creative Knitting.
I want to support our fledgling knitting magazine industry, but unfortunately, CK just can't compare to Interweave Knits.

Happy Knitting,
Tam in Melbourne

http://photos.yahoo.com/lillysmum2002

2005 Stats: 2 WIPs, 26 FOs
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth