Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Stash management
 Got a new yarn cabinet!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fiddlestix
Chatty Knitter

100 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  07:40:23 AM  Show Profile Send fiddlestix a Private Message
Yesterday, I had a few minutes to kill while my DD was at the movie theater, so I went into the Big Lots across the street from the movie. Back in the furniture department, they had a wooden hutch which is a little over five feet tall, 18 inches wide and 15 deep. It has three shelves inside, with lots of room to stack yarn between them. It's a nice pine or dark maple color, has a door on it and is currently holding all of my yarn. My husband put it together last night and, being the perfectionist that he is, glued it in addition to doweling it. It does not say to glue, but he felt it would be sturdier under the weight of all that yarn!!! It was $99 but looks a lot more expensive to me. I am very pleased with it, as I have been looking for a storage solution since I have no extra closets in my house. Just thought I'd pass this along to anyone needing storage. PS: My DH even marveled at the fact that it's made of "real" wood, not pressed!

kknitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

407 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  09:07:00 AM  Show Profile Send kknitter a Private Message
fiddlestix, can you post a pic somewhere so we can see it??
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  09:34:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
Congratualtions on a great buy!! There is a Big Lots near me that I will take a ride to later.

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gibsongirl
Seriously Hooked

965 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  3:54:49 PM  Show Profile Send gibsongirl a Private Message
Amazing find! I didn't know Big Lots sold furniture, but I'm stunned that you found a real wood cabinet for that price. Pictures, please!

-gibsongirl
Go to Top of Page

fiddlestix
Chatty Knitter

100 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  6:10:03 PM  Show Profile Send fiddlestix a Private Message
ALthough I know how to (barely) work the digital camera, I don't know how to post. Maybe DH will help me accomplish this once kids are in bed.
Go to Top of Page

firymist
Chatty Knitter

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  9:30:18 PM  Show Profile Send firymist a Private Message
Congrats on the great find!

Jessica
Go to Top of Page

fiddlestix
Chatty Knitter

100 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  07:14:47 AM  Show Profile Send fiddlestix a Private Message
Hi all. I am sorry not to have posted a picture, but I'm having technical troubles with my camera. It might not be the camera, it might be me! I have loaded up the cabinet with my yarn which has done miracles for the playroom/office/craft room. It is wonderful to have it all in one place. The cabinet looks so nice and is truly perfect. As a matter of fact, it looks better than those I've seen at 3 times the price and more. I wish I could get a picture posted. Sorry.
Go to Top of Page

Cecioboe
Seriously Hooked

USA
824 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  07:58:37 AM  Show Profile Send Cecioboe a Private Message
Oh Fun!!! It sounds beautiful.

Ceci

My knitting blog: http://knittinreed.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.77 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by