Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Needles
 Susan Bates Silvalume
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pieheart
Permanent Resident

1872 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  05:27:37 AM  Show Profile Send pieheart a Private Message
I was in two different craft shops yesterday looking for a certain size needle (no luck!) and noticed something different about the SB Silvalume circulars. The smaller sizes were the same inox-y gray one-piece plastic needle, but when you got to the big size (forgot the number, but bulky size) the needle part was three piece black and white. They were still labeled Silvalume. How can this be? Is it something new? Or recent, as I haven't been needle shopping in quite a long time? I would have thought that if they labeled it Silvalume all the needles should be the same kind. Or is is just some vast conspiracy to not print up new packaging labels?

pieheart, still looking locally for size 13 dpns

"If your toast always lands butter-side down, plan ahead. Butter the
other side instead."

Check out my album:
http://photobucket.com/albums/a80/PieHeart/

trekcelt
Seriously Hooked

USA
849 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  06:49:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit trekcelt's Homepage Send trekcelt a Private Message
I have a couple of sets of Silvalume circs and they are all metal up to the larger sizes when they switch over to the grey resin. I prefer my Boye interchangeables.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

trek's blog FO: 33, WIP: 2

"As for me and my house..."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.