Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting as Therapy
 Wonder and amazement
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RobA
Permanent Resident

2373 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  08:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit RobA's Homepage Send RobA a Private Message
I was visiting family over Thanksgiving, and discovered that the sock yarn (attached to the half-done sock) was in an incredible snarl. So as I talked to my mom I worked on unsnarling it, and looked up after a while to see the stunned expression on her face. "I expected it to be thrown into a corner by now, to the sound of curses and tears" she said. Nope, I replied. The result of knitting therapy. Then showed her the now neat and usable butterfly-based center-pull ball I had created.

Rob http://roberta.typepad.com/robknits/

pjkite
Permanent Resident

1198 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  12:34:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit pjkite's Homepage  Send pjkite a Yahoo! Message Send pjkite a Private Message
It's a mom thing, Rob. We've watched our children through the tantrums and stages of impatience that are part and parcel of growing up, and that sort of simple thing is often the first time we're emotionally hit by the fact that our baby is now a full-grown adult! My son did it to me not long ago - thanked me for doing some laundry for him while he was home - and just like that it hit me that he's now all grown up! He's probably still wondering why I was crying...

Pamela Kite
East Tennessee
http://fiberlife.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

mokumegane
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  8:42:24 PM  Show Profile Send mokumegane a Private Message
Lol... I'll probably go through something like that when my three-year-old grows up... She's already freakily knowledgeable in some ways but it's all good..

Laugh- it keeps you sane!
Go to Top of Page

irishmomof9
Chatty Knitter

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  08:51:09 AM  Show Profile Send irishmomof9 a Private Message
Good story, Rob! Wish my kids (at least some of them!) had your patience! Helen

...and may God hold you in the palm of His hand
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.