Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Forum Feedback and Suggestion Box
 Greeting Cards
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

luv2knit944
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  12:18:53 PM  Show Profile Send luv2knit944 a Private Message
How's about having Knitting type greeting cards for all occasions(Birthdays-Get Well-ThankYou-Wedding-Anniversaries-Baby-Parents-to-be-Showers-Holidays,etc in the Boutique.Boxes of each.Would that be possible?

Pauline

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  12:24:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
A lot of the cards are blank - can't you just write "happy birthday"?

It seems to me it's easier to do that than to expect Clara to listen to the next request, which is "I wanted this picture with this message"....

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

luv2knit944
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  12:39:23 PM  Show Profile Send luv2knit944 a Private Message
Sorry,it was just a thoughtI'd rather buy cards that already has sayings in them.I don't like writing my own.I'm not very creative.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

luv2knit944
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  12:41:20 PM  Show Profile Send luv2knit944 a Private Message
I wasn't thinking of how much trouble it would cause.That's how much I know,I guess.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  1:10:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
Hey Pauline, this is the place for suggestions and that was a suggestion, right? Don't worry about it!

~~~~Jamye
Go to Top of Page

luv2knit944
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  1:21:06 PM  Show Profile Send luv2knit944 a Private Message
Thanks Jayme.
I'm afraid to say BOO in here.Either I get ignored or I get jumped on from every which way.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  1:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
A response isn't jumping on, Pauline.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

luv2knit944
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  1:36:46 PM  Show Profile Send luv2knit944 a Private Message
It was just a suggestion.Maybe I should have asked how to write it or if I should have asked at all.I'll try not to do it again.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

spindyerella
Seriously Hooked

601 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  09:16:29 AM  Show Profile Send spindyerella a Private Message
Pauline, if you are not creative when it comes to words, try google to find sites that have quotations. You can easily find a quotation and copy it into your blank card. There are thousands if not millions of quotations to be found on line.
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  2:43:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Thanks for the suggestion Pauline! I know it can be hard to come up with just the right words for things. I think spindyerella has a brilliant suggestion about looking up quotations and sayings on Google. That way you can really find something suitable for that specific moment instead of having to wade through cards. I know so often I find a card I like, but I don't like the saying. Or I love the saying but don't appreciate the image on the card. Finding a saying you like and writing it on a blank card can take care of the whole thing and make you look like a genius for coming up with it! Nobody need know your secret but us.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

luv2knit944
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  03:36:29 AM  Show Profile Send luv2knit944 a Private Message
Thanks Clara and Spindyerella.
Yes Clara,I hear you.I have that problem of liking the saying but not the image and visa versa.I just thought of suggesting greeting cards because I do like to go through them.I do have a lot from Guideposts but none with knitting images on them.That's why I thought of this idea.
Thanks,

Pauline
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.