Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 100 to 250 Yards
 2 skeins Kureyon
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2364 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  11:13:50 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
Originally bought for felted bag. Any other ideas? If I use it for a bag, I think I'll have to add another yarn to it but will be hard to decide on what color. Thanks.

caitlynknits
Chatty Knitter

275 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  11:50:54 PM  Show Profile Send caitlynknits a Private Message
I recently made a rolled brim hat that only uses one skein of Kureyon. Here is the free pattern. Happy knitting!

Caitlyn

http://www.knotwithoutmyknitting.com
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2364 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  08:23:18 AM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
Prettyk Caitlyn. I actually have four skiens but they are two colorways. Wonder if I could combine them. Maybe use #1, then #2, then #1 and then #2 again.
Go to Top of Page

Pinky Yarn
Permanent Resident

USA
1045 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  10:18:29 AM  Show Profile Send Pinky Yarn a Private Message
If you want to make a bag you could try adding black yarn. That would make the Kureyon stand out and wouldn't clash with it either.

-Katie

"I remember when getting high meant swinging at the playgrounds. The worst thing you could get from a boy was cooties. Race issues were who could run the fastest. The only thing you smoked was the tires on your bike. Life was so simple and carefree, but the thing I remember the most was wanting to grow up."
-Unknown

Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3457 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  11:39:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message
The Rainbow Scarf in "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" asks for 2 skeins of Noro Kureyon in different colorways. So you could make 1 scarf with matching mittens/hat?

--Minh
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2364 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  6:04:32 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
Great ideas. I do have some black Cascade 220, too. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

booglass
Permanent Resident

Costa Rica
1987 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  10:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit booglass's Homepage Send booglass a Private Message
One Skein Wonder with longer sleeves!

bonnie

Check out my blog:
http://www.booglass.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2364 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  07:04:37 AM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
good idea, bonnie...hadn't thought about that. I actually love shrugs - perfect for AZ.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe