Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Never Again!
 Prism Cool Stuff
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4166 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  6:54:17 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
I bought some of this from a KR-er who was destashing, because I really wanted to try this yarn. The yarn is pinks, purples and grays, and I'm knitting a drop stitch moebius. I cannot WAIT to be finished with this thing. The knots are annoying. Some of the yarn feels like knitting with cheap Christmas ribbon and is incredibly scratchy. It winds on itself and knots like nobody's business. I just cannot imagine making a sweater from this.

Thanks for listening to me vent!

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com

nellcm
Chatty Knitter

161 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  6:03:41 PM  Show Profile Send nellcm a Private Message
I made a vest out of it a few years ago and what a pain. I also felt like I'd been totally ripped off - paying the big bucks for someone's leftovers, or that's what it seemed like anyway.

I'm older and wiser now. I can make my own "stuff" should I ever be insane enough to repeat the experience.

The vest is very festive, though I only wear it at Christmastime.

good luck on your moebius.
nell
Go to Top of Page

JGOLOSO
Gabber Extraordinaire

491 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  06:54:48 AM  Show Profile Send JGOLOSO a Private Message
The funny thing about the "Stuff" yarns is that they are so enticing in the stores. All the beautiful colors and textures. I was at a local LYS and they had a beautiful poncho made out of the "Stuff" yarns. Not sure if it was Wild or Cool, but it was done in the all white/cream colorway and it was gorgeous. Very simple stockinette, two rectangles. So, I bought the yarn, but I purchased a rust color and when I tried to knit it up, it just did not look the same. I may not have been using a small enough needle, but I just could never get it to look right. I still have it in my stash...waiting for another try. Maybe, it will work out this time. I still stop and covet the Prism yarns, but I now hesitate and remember my bad experience with them. They are really pretty, though.

J
Go to Top of Page

booglass
Permanent Resident

Costa Rica
1987 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  08:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit booglass's Homepage Send booglass a Private Message
I have a friend who made a Prsim "Stuff" Vest with the Sutff yarn her mother left her. She them made another "Stuff" Vest with yarn she made herself with leftovers (she calls it Magic 8 Ball yarn). They are both equally gorgeous.

So I agree you can make your own "Stuff" yarn.

Check out my blog:
http://www.booglass.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

knittingkeri
Chatty Knitter

197 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2005 :  9:01:10 PM  Show Profile Send knittingkeri a Private Message
I feel the same way, about making my own "stuff" yarn. It wouldnt cost $20 a hank. Plus, it wouldn't be in a hank. For that much money for that little yarn, they should wind it into a center-pull ball for you!!!! Just a little rant
Keri
Go to Top of Page

SpinaYarn
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  09:38:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit SpinaYarn's Homepage Send SpinaYarn a Private Message
I have a ball of Cool Stuff as well - and I keep wanting to do something with it - but every time I begin, I end up ripping it out, disappointed.
I only bought one ball - so we shall see.
I still LOVE the color, and the concept of all that wild and wooly stuff, I just don't know what to do with mine yet

knit with joy-
Teyani

www.http://intrepidfiberwizard.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by