Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Knitting Magazines
 2006 Knitting Calendar
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2005 :  4:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
This isn't exactly a magazine - but didn't know where else to put this.
Today when I was Christmas shopping I treated myself to a Christmas present - the 2006 Pattern-a-Day Knitting Calendar. Does anyone else have it? I know there is no way I will wait until January, or view the patterns one day at a time all year! Well - okay, I've already peeked and have seen some things that look interesting. Just think - 365 projects!

Jane
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2005 :  5:04:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
There was some talk about this on a thread not too long ago. Everyone said it was good! Someone also said that you could get it at Sams for a cheaper price. I looked but didn't find it at my Sams. :( But someone else said it wasn't at her's at first either so I'll keep checking! Enjoy!

~~~~Jamye
Go to Top of Page

rogueknitter
Chatty Knitter

106 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  6:08:25 PM  Show Profile Send rogueknitter a Private Message
If you can't find this calendar at Sam's, Joann's also carries it. With a discount coupon the price should be comparable to or less than Sam's. I sorted all the patterns into categories (socks, scarves, sweaters, baby/children's items, etc.)....so now it's my "little box of knitting projects" instead of a desk calendar. I'm planning to make the mini mittens and mini sweater for Christmas ornaments. The individual pages (5.5 x 7 inches) fit into quart size ziploc bags...perfect for taking along in your project bag.
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  11:26:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
You might want to check this site periodically: http://accordpublishing.com/knitting/knitting.htm

They have an index for the 2005 calendar so I think they will most likey get an index for the 2006 calendar soon. Also, there is a page of pattern corrections for the 2005 calendar.

I found the calendar at another Sam's.

~~~~Jamye
Go to Top of Page

kdavies
Warming Up

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  8:00:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdavies's Homepage  Send kdavies a Yahoo! Message Send kdavies a Private Message
I got the one for 2005 and was disappointed. Many of the patterns span 2 days, you only get one for the weekend and I felt like I got a ton of scarves and gloves but not alot of truly inovative ideas. I'm a little afraid to buy the new one.

Has anyone taken a look through it?

Kathy
http://homepage.mac.com/kdavies/knittingnoodles.html

The Lord says: "Get ready to be Amazed, for I will do great things; you would not believe them if you were told." Habakkuk 1:5
Go to Top of Page

Sadierose
Warming Up

62 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  06:12:18 AM  Show Profile Send Sadierose a Private Message
I agree with you that the 2005 calendar was a bit of a disappointment, but I'd still recommend giving the 2006 calendar a chance. In fact, I bought 2006 first, and liked it so much that I decided to search for the 2005. I finally found it on ebay, but like you felt that the patterns were skimpy and many were uninteresting.

On the other hand, there are probably dozens of patterns in the 2006 calendar that I'm eager to try!
Go to Top of Page

kdavies
Warming Up

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2005 :  7:06:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdavies's Homepage  Send kdavies a Yahoo! Message Send kdavies a Private Message
Oh, good! I'll put it on my wish list, then!

Kathy
http://homepage.mac.com/kdavies/knittingnoodles.html

The Lord says: "Get ready to be Amazed, for I will do great things; you would not believe them if you were told." Habakkuk 1:5
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.94 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe