Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Gadgets
 Magic Needles
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  04:34:17 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi,

I just got the October issue of Simply Knitting (England) and on page 9 they have got...Each needle has a motion sensor inside it that recognises the movement when a knit or purl stitch is performed. The sensors send this information back to a base station that is no bigger than a mobile phone, and the counter displays the knitted stitches.

The lady who has thought of this is Rebecca Spender's Knitwits who came up with the idea after having trouble keeping track of her own stitches and rows when using fluffy yarns, she also envisions a sensor that would attach to the end of a pair of normal knitting needles so that you won't have replace your knitting kit.

Unfortunately, the idea is only at the development stage and Rebecca is waiting for a manufacturer to produce KnitWits to sell.

I would be first in line, as I am hopeless and am always losing my pieces of paper and pencils and end up guessing and getting into a right old balls up.

So any manufacturers out there interested in Tech Knit Magic Needles, get to it, I'm sure heaps of people would be interested and it would make a fabulous gift whatever the occassion.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.

COgirl
Permanent Resident

USA
2176 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  07:10:53 AM  Show Profile Send COgirl a Private Message
What will they think of next!
Go to Top of Page

Destiny
Warming Up

69 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  11:49:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Destiny's Homepage  Send Destiny a Yahoo! Message Send Destiny a Private Message
That is soooo cool. I hope they are able to find some one to make it!!
Go to Top of Page

kdavies
Warming Up

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  9:22:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdavies's Homepage  Send kdavies a Yahoo! Message Send kdavies a Private Message
But I love the needles I HAVE! I don't WANT a whole new set. Just give me a foot pedal so I don't have to stop knitting to click the counter or mark the paper or whatever.

Kathy
http://homepage.mac.com/kdavies/knittingnoodles.html

The Lord says: "Get ready to be Amazed, for I will do great things; you would not believe them if you were told." Habakkuk 1:5
Go to Top of Page

SweetKat
Warming Up

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  10:49:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit SweetKat's Homepage Send SweetKat a Private Message
A foot pedal...that's a great idea. I hate having to put down my needles to click the counter. Does that exist already? It's so fantastic you'd think someone would have come up with it already.
Go to Top of Page

eggshel344
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  8:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit eggshel344's Homepage  Send eggshel344 a Yahoo! Message Send eggshel344 a Private Message
A foot pedal would be excellent! or a little voice activated thing that you could talk to like voice software for a pda or something (just cuz I am lazy and knit with my feet up) lol :)

Cheers-
Samantha
Go to Top of Page

fmarrs
Guardian angel

USA
9776 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  10:40:58 AM  Show Profile Send fmarrs a Private Message
Switch to my yarn markers and you won't have to stop! All you do is move a marker from one needle to the other and it counts the rows. Yes, it is that easy.

fran

http://www.geocities.com/martian_mischief/
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  11:11:55 AM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by fmarrs

Switch to my yarn markers and you won't have to stop! All you do is move a marker from one needle to the other and it counts the rows. Yes, it is that easy.

fran

Fran I thought of these yesterday. KnitPicks is selling beaded markers that are really your type of row counter. There are 6 jump rings strung together by little beaded sections and you use it just like your yarn markers. Only yours are free.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

PFCortex
New Pal

30 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2005 :  6:51:34 PM  Show Profile Send PFCortex a Private Message

i checked out your website re: your yarn markers but i didn't see anything....now i'm intrigued :)

quote:
Originally posted by fmarrs

fran

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.