Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Errata in Knitting Patterns
 InKnitters Magazine
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stitchmd
Seriously Hooked

716 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  7:43:03 PM  Show Profile Send stitchmd a Private Message
I posted recently in the Stuck on a Pattern thread about a pattern in this magazine that was missing its gauge. It had x's instead of numbers for how many stitches to the inch.

Well, I've emailed them twice and gotten no response and there is still nothing on their site for the current issue.

Good thing I'm drowning in other patterns and can put this one on the back burner for a while. Frustrating, though, to not even get an acknowledgement.

You can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

stitchmd
Seriously Hooked

716 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  08:16:19 AM  Show Profile Send stitchmd a Private Message
I finally got an answer after emailing a different person on the editorial staff. Without even mentioning which pattern it was, just describing the problem, she knew what I was talking about. So they haven't posted the correction to this problem they obviously know about. Here's the answer:

" The gauge for "Mango Mambo" is 17 sts and 4 rows equals 4" in pattern stitch". No mention of needle size.

In the meantime I've emailed the manufacturer, who told me of places to buy the yarn. None of them have it.

Banging my head against the wall. I'm sure I'll find a substitute, but the whole thing just seems poorly planned.

Go to Top of Page

NCmusiclady
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
541 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  08:28:26 AM  Show Profile Send NCmusiclady a Private Message
Next time - call them...I've had problems with their Crochet Fantasy Magazine...same editor for both. They are a bit snotty, but they need to know how many problems they have. I no longer subscribe to ANY of their pubs. It's just not worth the hassle.
Go to Top of Page

stitchmd
Seriously Hooked

716 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  6:13:51 PM  Show Profile Send stitchmd a Private Message
Their response to my request to make the correction available on their website was to say it would be printed in the next issue. So we have to wait until then plus buy another magazine? I don't think so.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe