Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 100 to 250 Yards
 120 Yds Chunky Wool
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  08:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message
I was given an approx 120 yd skein of Mauch Chunky by Kraemer Yarns, color is Carrot Cake. Recommended 3.5 st to inch on sz US10 needles. I've never done any felting and at this point am not particularly interested in felting. Thanks for suggestions.

The Irish Ewe
Permanent Resident

USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  09:49:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit The Irish Ewe's Homepage Send The Irish Ewe a Private Message
Makes a snuggly hat on a size 10, have seen it done on a 10.5 as well.

The Irish Ewe
Norway, Maine
http://www.TheIrishEwe.com
Go to Top of Page

of troy
Permanent Resident

USA
2474 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  10:00:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit of troy's Homepage Send of troy a Private Message
make a hat in the style of Knitty.com Coronet..

make the cable band in one yarn, the crown in a coordinating yarn, and make a pompom with 'ends'

see my hat album in gallery for Coronet inspired hat, made with half a ball of Paton classic WORSTED wool, and half with a self striping SPORTS weigh wool. (who says you can't mix different weigh yarns? its easy to do when you change the direction you are knitting in!)

(left over worsted made into a nice big pom pom!) find a nice striping or just hand painted yarn to go with the Mauch chunky-- and mix and match

Or use the chunky as neckband/wrist edge trim for a sweater. (see cinnamon sweater in my knitting album..) single balls/ 100 yards are great ways to 'customize' otherwise plain sweaters)

See my photo albums, (edit-NO PASSWORD REQUIRED) http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v299/oftroy/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.89 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe