Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Book recommendations and questions
 Dyeing to Knit
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Elaine in NJ
Gabber Extraordinaire

584 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2005 :  12:03:27 PM  Show Profile Send Elaine in NJ a Private Message
I just received this from Amazon. It's by Elaine Eskesen, the owner of the fabulous Pine Tree Yarns in Damariscotta, Maine, which in my humble opinion is the best yarn store in the world. I've seen lots of hand dyed and handpainted yarn, but no one puts colors together like Elaine does. I've been using her yarns for years, and there's no way you can combine them that they don't look wonderful. The book is about dyeing, which doesn't interest me all that much, but also about designing with color, which interests me a lot. If you're interested in color, take a look at this book.

Life is too short to waste it on acrylic.

Elaine in NJ
Gabber Extraordinaire

584 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  5:57:41 PM  Show Profile Send Elaine in NJ a Private Message
I wanted to pull this thread back to the top of the forum for two reasons: Clara includes this book among her best books of 2005, and I've now finished a sweater made with one of the patterns in the book, and it's fabulous. Highly recommended for everyone who wants to learn more about color, either dyeing it or designing with it.

Life is too short to waste it on acrylic.
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  6:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
I love this book, I treated me to this one and latvian mittens....
I am going to make watermelon socks.....
vi

none of this will matter in 100 years.......
except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/ ~now with chickens!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe