Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Fiber Swap
 What am I going to do with all of it??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

HopkinGreen
Chatty Knitter

182 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  7:43:57 PM  Show Profile Send HopkinGreen a Private Message
I'm not sure if I'm here to swap or what... but I definitely have too much yarn now. In addition to my already ample stash, I just "inherited" a HUGE lot of yarn from a nice lady who has retired from knitting and crochet. (It was a mystery collection being sold by the son of a lady who ended up in assisted care. But it didn't get here 'till after a lot of other yarn hording I've done recently.) A lot of it is so very beautiful - but I haven't the faintest idea what I'll do with all this stuff.

In particular, there is this paper yarn that I was looking at from her collection. It has kind of a feather boa quality about it. Reading the label, you notice it's a "dry clean only". Given that I am reluctant as it is to hand wash (though I certainly do for what needs to be) - I KNOW I'll never want to use this yarn. (I'm not a fan of dry cleaning.) It's made in italy and is 80% nylon and 20% acrylic. The one in my lap right now is a bright red. I have a couple skeins of this stuff as well as a lot of other novelty yarns I know I'll never use. Anyone care for this stuff? It's cool - I just don't think I will ever use any of it and I'd hate for it to sit in my basement for many years - never to see the light of day again.

I have so many others skeins here - almost impossible to list them all. I really don't know what I'll do with all of it. The lady had everything from angora and mohair to the cheapest acrylic. It's quite a range of quality that we're talking about. But even the acrylic is kind of interesting - as it's stuff from fifty years ago where they don't even make that color anymore. There are of course your standard skeins of Red Heart - that I couldn't care less about. But there are also rolls of 100% orlon which are very nice - as well as various cottons, and nice wool blends. Some of it is stuff I'll either use or find a way to use becuase it's so nice and the color is great. But I'm not a big fan of pink. There is some pink cording similar to Lame yarn as well as some other pink things I don't think I can use as a registered tom boy (psst, don't tell them I'm knitting...).

Of course I can sort through this huge pile and see if I can sell it off bit by bit on ebay. But I'm not sure if I'm up for that...

Any suggestions??

HopkinGreen
Chatty Knitter

182 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2005 :  7:50:03 PM  Show Profile Send HopkinGreen a Private Message
OOPS

Just realized I probably posted in the wrong section here...

It looks like this part of the forum is for spinners only?

What I have is a ton of yarn.
Go to Top of Page

Suziehomemaker
Warming Up

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2005 :  06:57:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Suziehomemaker's Homepage Send Suziehomemaker a Private Message
Yup - I think there's a section for just for Yarn Swaps. No worries!
Go to Top of Page

HighestPeak
New Pal

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  6:51:24 PM  Show Profile Send HighestPeak a Private Message
ill take some of that yarn....if you dont want it.....i dont really have much to trade with....but name yor price and ill se what i can do
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe