Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Gadgets
 Tangled circular needles
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

quiltknit1
New Pal

Uganda
7 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  05:26:20 AM  Show Profile Send quiltknit1 a Private Message
I keep my circular needles in gallon freezer zipper bags in a three-ring notebook. To punch holes in the plastic bag, punch through a lightweight card (magazine insert), measure needles once and write on bag the size and length of needles in that bag, and place in a three ring binder. No more tangled needles of uncertain size! cherry

Quill
Chatty Knitter

206 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  05:36:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Quill's Homepage Send Quill a Private Message
My mom gave me a great idea for storing circular needles-- at office supply stores, you can buy organizers intended, I think, for coupons or maps. They're like thick plastic envelopes, subdivided into slots, and each slot has a tab for a label. You can fit multiple needles in each slot--if you have say, size 9 bamboo, Addis, and something else. So far, this has worked incredible well for me.

KAren
Go to Top of Page

knitloon
Gabber Extraordinaire

524 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  06:13:01 AM  Show Profile Send knitloon a Private Message
I made my own "circular solution" organizer. I just found two cream colored cloth napkins on clearance, folded them in half lengthwise, sewed them together making multiple compartments through which to slide my needles, and slipped in a hanger. I then marked each compartment with the different sizes using a permanent marker. I attached a needle sizer to the hanger hook with a piece of yarn. Easy and very cheap. Even cheaper if you have some leftover fabric lying around.
Go to Top of Page

tfolist@mac.com
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  9:31:54 PM  Show Profile Send tfolist@mac.com a Private Message
I keep my circulars in a zippered DVD case (not a CD case -- it's too small and squarish) which is tall and rectangular. I keep a needle gauge in the first pocket and I've used address labels to mark each pocket with a different size. I reserve the last few pockets for crochet hooks. These pockets are large enough to store the original package my needles came in (after I started saving them!) as well as my DPNs in the same size.

I'm curious as to whether anyone has made the hanging circular storage gadget from the StitchNbeach book.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe