Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 250 to 500 Yards
 500 yards lace wt mohair
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ErickaJo
Chatty Knitter

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  10:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Send ErickaJo a Yahoo! Message Send ErickaJo a Private Message
Bought this for a friend at a sheep and wool fest, and she wants to make something for herself. Something kinda shawly, perhaps? But any suggestions are welcome.

ErickaJo

jaymeKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  06:15:37 AM  Show Profile  Send jaymeKnits a Yahoo! Message Send jaymeKnits a Private Message
Branching Out from knitty?
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTbranchingout.html

I don't think you have quite enough for a full sized shawl. Birch from Rowan takes bout 600 yards I think, but you could make it smaller.

Any pattern that calls for Douceur et Soie or Kid Silk Haze would probably work.

Jayme

Jayme
Go to Top of Page

Calamintha
Permanent Resident

USA
2886 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  08:00:50 AM  Show Profile Send Calamintha a Private Message
It might be enough for a wide scarf or narrow stole if she uses large needles. Usually when I am not sure if I have enough yarn I make something triangular so that way if I run out of yarn too soon at least I have a shoulder shawl if not a full length one.
Go to Top of Page

ErickaJo
Chatty Knitter

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  2:52:46 PM  Show Profile  Send ErickaJo a Yahoo! Message Send ErickaJo a Private Message
I thought about branching out, but she wants something a bit bigger :) I'll carry your suggestion to her, Calamintha. I think that's a winner.

Or, I could just find that card from the vendor and order another 500 yds :D

ErickaJo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.