Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 What are you reading now?
 The Yarn Harlot's new Book
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eyeknit2
Warming Up

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  10:29:28 AM  Show Profile Send eyeknit2 a Private Message
I just finished reading Stephanie's new book Yarn Harlot : The Secret Life of a Knitter. Very entertaining and provoking. I read one of the short stories to my knitting group because I was so touched by it! Keep on knitting Stephanie but find the time to write too.
P.S. If you want to have some fun call 877-SOS-KNIT to hear a hilarious knitting message from the Harlot!!

trekcelt
Seriously Hooked

USA
849 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  12:13:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit trekcelt's Homepage Send trekcelt a Private Message
Her phone line was such a hoot I called it twice.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

FO: 18, WIP: 2
trek's blog

"As for me and my house..."
Go to Top of Page

roofth
Seriously Hooked

USA
649 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  12:25:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit roofth's Homepage  Send roofth a Yahoo! Message Send roofth a Private Message
she is so hilarious! i really enjoyed the book. the phone line was a hilarious addition after reading her book. =D

========================
http://ruthknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2396 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  12:58:27 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
I bought her book, too, but am saving it for a trip next week. Has she written just one book?
Go to Top of Page

rsgtarte
Chatty Knitter

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  3:58:07 PM  Show Profile Send rsgtarte a Private Message
I see that Stephanie has a third book coming out in 2006 (per Amazon)...something to look forward to.
Go to Top of Page

scarlet
Chatty Knitter

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2005 :  5:23:32 PM  Show Profile Send scarlet a Private Message
Absolutely loved it, even more than the first one, which was pretty good. :) Most of the stories made me laugh, and a couple I actually cried over.

Always wear your seatbelt. It makes it harder for the aliens to snatch you from your car.
Go to Top of Page

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2005 :  04:55:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by azblueskies

I bought her book, too, but am saving it for a trip next week. Has she written just one book?

the first was At Knit's End: Meditations for Women Whom Knit Too Much

the second was The Secret Life of a Knitter

I received Secret Life by mail less than a week ago and have already read most of it twice! I won't say how many times I've read Knit's End.
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2005 :  08:00:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
I am reading "At Knit's End" now and love it. I share some of the stories with my knitting friend at work. I plan to get "Secret Life" soon.

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lauriec
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
424 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  5:55:02 PM  Show Profile  Send lauriec a Yahoo! Message Send lauriec a Private Message
I picked up At Knit's End this weekend as my knit-aversary gift to me! Secret Life's on my wishlist for the holidays!!!
Go to Top of Page

Lanea
Permanent Resident

USA
5194 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  06:14:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lanea's Homepage Send Lanea a Private Message
I just got Secret Life of a knitter for my birthday. It's in my purse, and I hope to start reading it at lunch today. Yay.

Support our Yarniversal charities, and buy silly stuff: http://www.cafepress.com/yarniversalcult
http://crazylanea.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  08:28:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
I love 'Secret Life of a Knitter'! Just finished the section on stash -- LOL! -- and am planning on sharing it at tonight's knit-in at my LYS. :-)

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB
http://knitsonthebus.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by